Tires

MagnoliaTom

This has me very nervous as my brand new elkridge 38 rsrt has tow max tires. Has anyone heard of Vision load boss tires? Discount tire has them for half the price of g614s with the same load rating

xlrEAGLE1

This has me very nervous as my brand new elkridge 38 rsrt has tow max tires. Has anyone heard of Vision load boss tires? Discount tire has them for half the price of g614s with the same load rating

I have never heard of them. My last 5th wheel had Good Year Marathons. As soon as I bought my new 3160EL and discovered info on the Tow Max tires, I found a dealer who sold me four G614's mounted and balanced with steel valve stems, for $1,042, which included taxes and fees. I am happy with that!

GOTTOYS

Why would you think a "No-Name" tire that is half the price of the real thing is even worth asking about?? ...Don

MagnoliaTom

Feel better about yourself now? Goodyear marathon are half the price of 614s, should I not ask about those either? Is maxxis a no name brand? Unless you sell tires, it's impossible to know which are "no name" brands

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Feel better about yourself now? Goodyear marathon are half the price of 614s, should I not ask about those either? Is maxxis a no name brand? Unless you sell tires, it's impossible to know which are "no name" brands

Maxxis is not a no-name brand. They are well known in the off-road market. That said, I would go with G614s for that large rig, especially if your wheels can handle the 110psi. Be sure to check this before changing the tires. It should be stamped somewhere on the backside of a wheel spoke.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have never heard of them. My last 5th wheel had Good Year Marathons. As soon as I bought my new 3160EL and discovered info on the Tow Max tires, I found a dealer who sold me four G614's mounted and balanced with steel valve stems, for $1,042, which included taxes and fees. I am happy with that!

You forgot to get your spare tire replaced . . .

When I replace my BlowMaxes this winter . . . all five of them will go!

GOTTOYS

I feel just fine about myself, thank you. I just don't understand that with all the tire tire talk on here and other RV forums, why someone will pay tens of thousands of dollars for a trailer but then want to replace the tires with the cheapest ones they can find...????...And that's all I have to say about that...Don

Jim.Allison

Dan- the 614s were running about $275, 1100 to 1200 bucks a set were common quotes just a couple of weeks ago. Tonight I did a cursory survey and it appears that simple tire has them for $318. Best action right now is to call for quotes perhaps one could get a set in the 275 range. But right now it looks like the price went up.

Care to share where you got G614s for $261 each?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Dan- the 614s were running about $275, 1100 to 1200 bucks a set were common quotes just a couple of weeks ago. Tonight I did a cursory survey and it appears that simple tire has them for $318. Best action right now is to call for quotes perhaps one could get a set in the 275 range. But right now it looks like the price went up.

Good news is . . . tonight I paid $2.88.9 per gallon for gas at the Lone Tree, Colorado Costco!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
$3.27 gallon here in SW louisiana for diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk