Today is the day. New 4100 king pickup - 1:00 P.M. C.S.T. - CANNOT WAIT!!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". Enjoy and travel safely.

scottyb

Congratulations. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we have ours. What kind of camping will you be doing and what's going in the garage?

ptysonjr

Congratulations. I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we have ours. What kind of camping will you be doing and what's going in the garage?

We camp a lot at state parks and such but this opens up a lot more possibilities. The main reason for the toy box is the room for the dogs to play on the deck and allow room for our grown kids and guests to stay with us when they come with us. We had a Polaris Ranger and recently sold it. Not really sure what is in the cards for the future toy? Maybe a Polaris RZR, a Harley Trike or possibly even a Can Am Spyder. We like all three but only time will tell. We are in no rush.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

DW_Gray

Congratulations and welcome to the Heartland family! Like me, you'll love the Cyclone. Be sure to take it out on the road immediately for several test runs while enjoying it during the warranty period. At some point during the first year and after you've loaded it with everything you think you'll want in it, take to a scale to get your base weight for future reference. As soon as you can, go to an available location to get all wheel positions weighed to ensure your load is balanced well.

Smart car is a great choice for the garage.

ptysonjr

Here she is in all her cyclone glory!!!!!!!!!!
Note, truck does not sag like that once airbags are up and full tank of water drained.
It pulled like a dream going home with the Trail Aire Tri Glide and B&W Companion paired up.

Click image for larger version.
2014-01-22 16.59.52.jpg

ptysonjr

Thanks DW for the welcome and advise.

As far as toys go it may be a couple of these, the new Polaris Sportsman ACE. They were just announced yesterday. Seems like they could be a lot of fun for the wife and I. We will wait and see what the reviews are once they actually get consumer tested.
View attachment Sportsman Ace.htm

Sportsman Ace 1.jpg

DW_Gray

Great looking rig! Once you've got it loaded up, try different PSI settings in the Trailair bladder. I discovered for my rig that a little less PSI provided a much better ride.

ptysonjr

This is the new HD Gray. Only the front cap is full paint. Oh and I would never have full body paint again on a 5th wheel. Had it on the Redwood and was always finding nicks and scuffs that drove me crazy keeping it looking right. Don't need the headache, need more relaxin!

remoandiris

The length may limit your ability to get into/manuever thru some state parks. Yes, the patio and garage are great for dogs. Our cat likes the patio, too.

I am interested in hearing how your SRW truck handles the load and whether wind has any impact on handling as you're rolling down the road.

scottyb

The length may limit your ability to get into/manuever thru some state parks. Yes, the patio and garage are great for dogs. Our cat likes the patio, too.

I am interested in hearing how your SRW truck handles the load and whether wind has any impact on handling as you're rolling down the road.

One of the best tools I have found for locating campsites is Campsite Photos.com
. When selecting a camp site, look for one that backs up to an open area, green belt, ravine, beach, or something that is not obstructed by trees, etc. This will allow you to drop your tailgate and use the patio, even if the site is barely long enough for your rig. Good luck. Your dogs will love the garage and patio.

Attachments

• IMG_2175.jpg
    IMG_2175.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 70

haulinem

I also use Google Earth which allows you to measure the length of the campsite driveways and zoom in on satellite views to check for obstructions off the end of the drive that would get in the way of lowering the patio, unless you are in a heavily wooded campsite.

LNG

Here she is in all her cyclone glory!!!!!!!!!!
Note, truck does not sag like that once airbags are up and full tank of water drained.
It pulled like a dream going home with the Trail Aire Tri Glide and B&W Companion paired up.

Click image for larger version.
View attachment 28150

Three A/C units?? I have a 2014 4100 King and it only has two! Was it optional?

Tony

ptysonjr

We are on our maiden voyage at Lake Texoma. So far everything working well. Lots of positive comments from others in camp. So far extremely happy with the unit. Broke in the garage tonight with a long game of Uno with my wife's cousin and his wife that are our camping companions. We are all headed to Colorado on 2/14 and it looks like all systems are a go.

ptysonjr

Three A/C units?? I have a 2014 4100 King and it only has two! Was it optional?

Tony

Tony, yes it is an option. Our dealer here in Texas orders them in that way with the Texas heat. You can only run 2 at once though.