Tornadoes and trailers do not mix

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Photo-Tornado-throwing-trailer-through-the-air-145975055-1.jpeg

All, just a reminder, if you are in your rig and there is a TORNADO WARNING, get out! This pic was taken today in the Dallas area during a tornado outbreak. Those are 8000 lb. Semi tractor-trailers flying through the air!

Erika

Last edited:

CliffP

Wow, now that looks scary! We were hit by some straight line winds last summer that actually picked up a tent with two people in it (site next to ours) and threw it into the woods. Coals from our campfire were blowing three sites over from ours. I sent the family to the shelter as soon as the wind picked up. Luckily no one was hurt including the tenters. It wasn't a tornado but since then we always find the shelters and make a plan in case of bad weather.

Cliff and Mindy

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When that same storm line that hit Dallas moved east to Mt Pleasant Tx we were moved from out RV sites (we are in Pittsburg Tx 10 miles south of Mt Pleasant) to a conference center. We did get high winds and much rain and watched the clouds with rotation in them go over us. Thankfully nothing touched the ground. We are located on Lake Bob Sandlin.

Attachments

• DSC04532.jpg
    DSC04532.jpg
    802 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Amazing photo! I know some friends that have SOB's that I'm going to share it with!
Thanks for sharing!

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
View attachment 18525

All, just a reminder, if you are in your rig and there is a TORNADO WARNING, get out! This pic was taken today in the Dallas area during a tornado outbreak. Those are 8000 lb. Semi tractor-trailers flying through the air!

Erika

You missed a zero..... That's 80,000 lbs for a loaded tractor trailer.. 40 tons

RVs don't stand a chance.