Touch Audio DVD/CD/Radio Player

jimtoo

Hi Rollinsharley,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

That's the great thing about Heartland.. they monitor the owners forum and help with problems. I think they are about the only manufacture that does. I don't have a Touch Audio system so I can't help,, but maybe some of out other members do and can give you an idea to solve your problem.

You probably should be contacting your dealer for help.

Enjoy the forum and hopefully we can help you.

Jim M

youngjmr

Rollinsharkey, have you ever gotten an answer to "this player in incompatilbe with the region marking on this disc"?. I Just bought a Sundance 5th wheel and some of my disc's play and some show that remark about the region.

Grizzly

This might also account for why I cannot turn the outside speakers off on our unit (Dual XD1222) in our Elkridge;however we were not supplied with a remote when we bought this unit, so that is on our list of problems our dealer has to resolve. Thank you.

I have a new 2012 travel trailer with this same "Touch Audio VD-300i". We just bought it and first night in it we tried putting in a DVD and the unit will not take a CD. We tried several different CD's and none will go into the player. I pulled the unit out from the cabinet and all wires seem tight. I checked the manual and didn't see any info in there either. Is this unit just defective or am I missing something?

Dustin

dobbo

Re: dvd/cd/radioplayers
I had a bighorn Ti32 imported into Australia and found the dvd player wouldn't play our dvds because the dvd in the USA are region 1 in Australia and Asia we are region 4. If you burn the dvds on your computer they will play in all regions.You should try this first before you look at buying a new one.

EricB74

Touch audio problems any help with this? Tv speakers wont work while playing DVD. Tv speakers only work while playing regular tv from antenna. If you put a dvd in the surround sound speakers work but nothing from the tv. If you turn the tv around to watch in the bed you can not hear? Has anyone figured this out? also the remote is HORRIBLE! literally have to be 2 inches from unit for it to work.
Anyone have same sound issues and were you able to fix them? thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
EricB74, welcome to the forum. You should be able to get some help from others here that have the Touch Audio system.
I don't think that any audio system will play sound through the TV speakers. Only through the audio system speakers.

Peace
Dave

CliffP

Welcome to the forum EricB74! Ours was wired wrong. We pulled the radio and took the tv down to check connections. The audio in on the tv went to the audio in on the stereo. Switched it to the audio out on the stereo so the DVD sound worked on the TV and the stereo sound can be shut off when the kids are sleeping. We used a cable with a headphone jack on one side (hooked to the tv) and RCA jacks on the other (hooked to the audio in on the stereo) so we could listen to the tv over the stereo for a race or the Packer game. The jack has to be removed from the tv for sound to come out the tv. Not the easiest but effective. I can post some pics if you'd like. Good luck!

niles1717

I own a 2011 Heartland Trailer Runner which has the Touch Audio CD/DVD/Radio/NOAA. We have had nothing but problems with it since we bought the trailer. We have had it in to the dealer, and they say nothing is wrong with it. If you walk across the floor wrong, it turns off. If you shut a cabinet, it turns off. We get a clicking noise through the speakers. Sometimes when it shuts off you get a loud static noise through the speakers. And if it does stay on,which most of the time it won't, you have a heck of a time turning it off. I have pulled the stereo out, replaced every wire nut to ensure tight connections, and it still has the same problems.

CliffP

I own a 2011 Heartland Trailer Runner which has the Touch Audio CD/DVD/Radio/NOAA. We have had nothing but problems with it since we bought the trailer. We have had it in to the dealer, and they say nothing is wrong with it. If you walk across the floor wrong, it turns off. If you shut a cabinet, it turns off. We get a clicking noise through the speakers. Sometimes when it shuts off you get a loud static noise through the speakers. And if it does stay on,which most of the time it won't, you have a heck of a time turning it off. I have pulled the stereo out, replaced every wire nut to ensure tight connections, and it still has the same problems.

There is a reset button under the left side trim piece that covers the mounting screws. That's all I can think of to try. The old saying, you can't polish a turd comes to mind.

2rvers

I purchased my trailer new at the end of April. My Touch Audio worked with the following exceptions: Remote unresponsive and volume to loud on the lowest setting (L-01). I called Lippert Industries and they told me to take the trailer to a dealer and they would send a new Touch Audio for replacement. I thought this was great. I did and the next Touch Audio worked fine and so did the remote. The following week, we took a trip of about 500 miles. After plugging in to power, the Touch Audio did some amazing things on its own. What great technology China is putting out. The system now goes on and off, cycles through AM/FM stations, cycles through Modes, tries to set the clock while cycling, and cycles through the volume from L-01 to L-15 and back. All this without any user input. Music or other options don't seem to be a choice. I know I am probably old fashion, but I would just like a replacement brand that I can control myself. I've read about some using Jensen and Kenwood. I will pass on Jensen based on what I have read. CAN SOMEBODY PASS ON SOME INFORMATION ON SPECIFIC BRANDS AND MODELS THEY USED TO REPLACE THE "AMAZING TOUCH AUDIO". Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Trek

We just bought a 2012 23FX. The radio sounds really, really poor through the "B" speakers but ok on the "C" (outside) speakers. The dealer gave me another radio to try. It was some better but not enough to make me want to sit and listen to it. I switched the outsider "C" to the inside "B" speakers so we can hear the radio inside the trailer. Course, now the outside speakers are doing the static, hissin', cracklin, bit.

I am completely underwhelmed by this sound system.

What are you folks replacing it with?

Thank you!

danemayer

We just bought a 2012 23FX. The radio sounds really, really poor through the "B" speakers but ok on the "C" (outside) speakers. The dealer gave me another radio to try. It was some better but not enough to make me want to sit and listen to it. I switched the outsider "C" to the inside "B" speakers so we can hear the radio inside the trailer. Course, now the outside speakers are doing the static, hissin', cracklin, bit.

I am completely underwhelmed by this sound system.

What are you folks replacing it with?

Thank you!
I don't understand why the radio was replaced or why you're looking at replacing it again. Won't a lousy radio sound lousy on all the speakers? If it sounds ok on some of the speakers, wouldn't you think the radio itself is ok?

This was a problem I solved and thought it would be nice to share the solution. This may only apply if your trailer came with an included TV and builtin Touch Audio DVD/Radio/ mini-deck.

THE ISSUE: The Touch Audio mini-Surround Sound built-in deck only has one INPUT using a pair of analog -type R/L jacks for an external sound source to input. Sound Output from the deck is not an issue, just input is. The DVD sound goes to the as does, FM radio etc. When you are watching a DVD, the video goes to the TV but the audio goes to the ceiling. But when you play the TV say for a local channel, the TV's sound only comes from the built-in TV speakers, not the ceiling speakers. This is fine if the A/C isn't running full blast. If it is, even having the TV turned up full volume can make it difficult to hear. If you look at the back of the TV, the is limited to either a headphone jack or the digital port labeled 'Coaxial' (don't confuse this port with the antenna coax, Coaxial looks like a singel RCA-type jack).

TECHNICAL NOTE: You will need to be able to get to the jacks at the back of the Touch Audio deck. For my trailer, this was a simple when I removed to screws to get to the access panel. For others, you may have to slide the deck out to the front (see the Touch Audio manual).

SOLUTION 1: You can get a simple converter cable at for Headphone mini-plug to Analog RCA R/L and use that to connect the TV to the audio INPUT jacks at the back of the Touch Audio deck. Downside for this is that the TV's internal speakers are disabled and you will only get sound from the ceiling and not from TV itself. Depending on where your flat panel is mounted, this may not be comfortable to listen that way.

SOLUTION2: Purchase a DAC converter on Amazon for $16. This litte unit is about the size of a small zippo lighter. It comes with a small power adapter that will plug in where your TV is plugged in. The unit has a 'Coaxial' port on one side and 2 RCA R and L on the other that you will use to connect the DAC's R and L outputs to the Touch Audio's R and L inputs (labeled TV audio input in the manual). Do it this way and you get sound from both the TV speakers and the ceiling speakers. The only downside is if you want to watch TV inside while piping music to the outside. If that's your desire, then TV sound will be TV only, while you will select something else besides mode AUX on the mini-deck to feed the ceiling and outside. Make sure you go thru the setup on your TV and set the Digital Output to PCM. One caveat here: Sometimes I have to reset the DAC because the Touch Audio failed to recognize the signal.

LAST COMMENTS: When I picked up my trailer, the dealer had connected the TV's Analog RCA inputs to the mini-decks inputs. Connecting Input to Input didn't cause any problems, it just didn't provide any funtionality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rollinsharkey, have you ever gotten an answer to "this player in incompatilbe with the region marking on this disc"?. I Just bought a Sundance 5th wheel and some of my disc's play and some show that remark about the region.

Did you ever fix it? There is a file on the touch audio web site that updates the firmware on the unit. it says it is for dvd players unable to play g rated movies but tyhis fixed my issue with the incorrect region thing. heres the link to the file.

http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=1&Itemid=289

you have to load it on a usb drive and insert it from there. it will load automatically when you tune the radio to usb.

jimtoo

Hi p-marchione,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Thanks for the link to the repair for the system. That what this forum is about, helping each other.

Thanks and enjoy the forum.

Jim M

EandJ

Glad to find this thread. Had some problems with the Touch Audio that I didn't even know were problems. I thought they were me - and since I didn't get a manual for the Touch Audio when I picked up our new trailer last Friday, I was just trying things out over the weekend.

What our Touch Audio does not do:

Cannot set the clock.
Remote is useless - has to be about 2 feet away - what is the point of a remote?
Would not recognize SD card.
Plus - I cannot see the numbers unless I squat down to be level with it - if you are at any angle - the screen is unreadable.

Not terribly impressed.

At least I now have a manual thanks to this thread.

danemayer

There's a manuals section on the forum which has one Touch Audio manual. If it's not the unit you have, let me know your model # and I'll try to find a copy. Here's a link.