Touch Audio DVD/CD/Radio Player

Klausman

Does the unit give you a notice that something is is being downloaded? We had the grandkids and 3 of four dvds wouldn't work, said they were in the wrong region. I downloaded this http://www.lci1.com/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=1&Itemid=289 to a card and pluged it in the unit... nothing happened. I already returned the dvds so I don't know if anything downloaded or not but there was no indication. I'm going to leave the card in untill we rent some more "G" rated movies. Any thoughts on this? It's not the most impressive unit but asside from the "wrong region" message it seems like it will suit our needs.

danemayer

Hi Klausman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the software upgrade. Did the instructions say it addressed a bug that gives a "region" error?

I believe DVD creators use region coding primarily to prevent cross-border sales of DVDs. There may be a version sold in the U.S. that retails for $39.99 where the same movie is sold in another country for $14.99. Both DVDs carry multiple languages and if there weren't a region limitation, you could easily buy the DVD from an importer and save money. If you're getting wrong region errors, it could be that you're buying DVDs not intended for use here.

It's also possible, but might be less likely that there's a bug in the DVD Player's firmware. The instructions with the download would typically tell you what the upgrade is supposed to fix.

dutch

Hi guys, Our new Denali trailer came with a touch audio system, as I read everybody's questions I am left wondering, Has anybody figured out how to fix the " wrong region" problem. Our dvd's play in all of our players in the house. but, the only ones that will play in the touch audio in the trailer are cartoons for the granddaughter. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks for your help. Dutch

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

mahuds59

I have a Touch Audio that came with our GulfStream and it was replaced by the dealer before we received the camper in 2010. Now our remote does not work and the "C" speakers will not work on the touchscreen and we cannot switch to just using either "A" or "B" speakers. We now must listen through both "A" and "B" speakers. Our rig is set up year round (no registration) and our dealer said the warranty is expired. Everything else works fine except the manufacturer never installed an antenna so we get no radio/NOAA stations.
Any help or suggestions to get our radio fixed or replaced will be greatly appreciated. I've looked for a website, but this forum is the only thing I could find and our dealer cannot help us.
Thanks again!!!
Mark

jimtoo

I have a Touch Audio that came with our GulfStream and it was replaced by the dealer before we received the camper in 2010. Now our remote does not work and the "C" speakers will not work on the touchscreen and we cannot switch to just using either "A" or "B" speakers. We now must listen through both "A" and "B" speakers. Our rig is set up year round (no registration) and our dealer said the warranty is expired. Everything else works fine except the manufacturer never installed an antenna so we get no radio/NOAA stations.
Any help or suggestions to get our radio fixed or replaced will be greatly appreciated. I've looked for a website, but this forum is the only thing I could find and our dealer cannot help us.
Thanks again!!!
Mark

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Maybe one of these days you will be a Heartland Owner. I'm sure some of our family members will jump in soon with some help for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Mark,

You might want to try putting a post in Our ITEMS WANTED section. There are probably some owners who have replaced the touch unit with something fancier and might have a working unit to sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mahuds59

Thanks for the suggestion! I will look at it, but at his point I think I'll be more interested in what I can use to replace that unit so it can fit in the huge hole I now have. lol

priorguy

I would think the Jensen rv units are a similar size and get great reviews. All manufacturers websites will list the dimensions of each model. I'd like to replace the touch audio in my 28brs and install it higher up. Funny that heartland would install it 2' off the floor in a bunk model that will have small children constantly touching the touch the buttons. Plus you brush up against the touch screen going out the front door. Bad coice of product and intallation location imho. I almost forgot, its mounted low and behind the bar counter so you have to be really close for the remote to work too.

priorguy

3 time out in a new 2011 T22 and we lost the entire display on the Touch Audio. Ideas?

I just replace my Touch audio with a Jensen unit I got for a reasonable price on eBay. Everything works perfect and install was simple except for the Jensen being 2" wider. One slight cabinet modification later (hammer required :eek:) and it looks like it was always there.

rtsangelo

I just replace my Touch audio with a Jensen unit I got for a reasonable price on eBay. Everything works perfect and install was simple except for the Jensen being 2" wider. One slight cabinet modification later (hammer required :eek:) and it looks like it was always there.

Could you please list the model number of the Jensen unit you found.
How did the dimensions compare?
Were there any issues with making the electrical/audio/video connections?
Thanks

priorguy

Electrical connections were simple, but I'm an electronics technician by trade. The depth and height were fine but it's two inches wider. Mines in another post about mods. Pretty sure it's an AWM970. The AWM chassis are identical but the options like blue tooth and HDMI output etc change. The mid took me maybe +/- 30 mins total and it is much nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk