Tow Masters again

Well I'm new the forum and usually I just creep looking at what problems people have and how they were resolved. My wife and I took our new 2013 Cyclone 3110 on a 6500 mile trip across the Southern US. As most are aware the South was unusually cold this winter and I must say that the unit held up well in the below freezing overnight temperatures experienced over the 8 week time frame we were there. I wish we could same the same for the tires. The first of three blowouts occurred in Louisiana about an hour west of Biloxi Ms. That blowout managed to rip off the fender skirt, bend the slide out frame and crumple the underneath up to the rear stairs. The second blowout happened in Alabama between Montgomery and Memphis this time it hit the drivers side managing to damage the drivers side in a complimentary fashion. The third blowout happened in PA just south of Erie and this time back to the passenger side just adding to the slide damage. After the first blowout I purchased a tire monitoring system and for the next two blowouts there was no indication of a problem just the tire exploding. The outcome of all this damage is estimated to be in the area of 10,000 dollars. I would like to ask the previous posters if they had any luck with the tire people for the damages or if they had to go the insurance route. I wonder out loud how it is that a product can be so sub-standard and still be allowed to be sold. The tire manufacturer has my three tires for investigation. I'm awaiting the outcome.

jimtoo

Hi peabodyhockey,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum.

There has been lots of reports about the tires. Let us know what the decision from the manufacturer is.

Jim M

pgray

We changed ours off of our new 2015 Torque the minute we drove it off the lot due to all the concerns we saw voiced here. I can't believe **** putting people and property into so much danger with these crappy tires.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with your last couple of comments lets go a little further with this and get some opinions on why the manufacturers of our $60 to 100 thousand dollar units use them. Don't know about the rest of you guys but I worked hard to get where I am. Would GM Ford or dodge use faulty tires if there was a history as these tires have?

DocFather

I agree with your last couple of comments lets go a little further with this and get some opinions on why the manufacturers of our $60 to 100 thousand dollar units use them. Don't know about the rest of you guys but I worked hard to get where I am. Would GM Ford or dodge use faulty tires if there was a history as these tires have?

Great question. Don't hold your breath for an acceptable answer from above.