Tow Vehicle- MODS

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I like them a lot. But I am just concerned about how they would handle a severe Northeast winter when they dump 1,000,000,000 pounds of antiskid and salt on the roads. I am just concerned about the corrosion on all the moving parts.

Power247

Re: My Tow Vehicle- MODS

Love the Amp steps. Can't wait till I can justify replacing my factory steps.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

IronJ

I like them a lot. But I am just concerned about how they would handle a severe Northeast winter when they dump 1,000,000,000 pounds of antiskid and salt on the roads. I am just concerned about the corrosion on all the moving parts.
Yeah I got nothing for ya there....lol..I have caked them up with mud and ice many many times over the last 3 sets and 5 years and never had an issue...

But who knows up north?..I know they sell replacement drive motors....but there ain't a whole lot of parts to the system

Even if I had to replace a drive motor every 3 -4 years I still think I would opt to have them on my truck ...I like them that much...

I think bestop makes a knock-off but it's not THAT much cheaper really

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Power247

Yeah I got nothing for ya there....lol..I have caked them up with mud and ice many many times over the last 3 sets and 5 years and never had an issue...

But who knows up north?..I know they sell replacement drive motors....but there ain't a whole lot of parts to the system

Even if I had to replace a drive motor every 3 -4 years I still think I would opt to have them on my truck ...I like them that much...

I think bestop makes a knock-off but it's not THAT much cheaper really

Seen a lot of complaints for the Bestop power steps where the motors were not holding up. Too bad because so many of their other products are pretty good quality

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

IronJ

Standard on the 2017 Platinum ultimate Super Duty
Yeah I know.....I know.....can't wait to get my dirty paws on one!! Still not loving the dually fenders....but then again I didn't like the new superduty at first either.....and I still claim the front end looks like a toaster!!. Lol

Bones

I added tint to my windows and put a visor on this time. I never had a tinted one so I thought I would try it out.
0716161422[1].jpg

0716161422a[1].jpg

0716161422b[1].jpg

IronJ

I had em put the brow on mine too...I like it a lot ..I don't think it's "technically" legal, but neither are my driver and passenger windows...I always have my tinter do 5% over and have never had an issue...my backs are all 5% limo...can't see nothing behind me anyway and keeps it nice, cool, and dark for my daughter as we travel and she watches the headrest tvs.....

Either way I like the brow...my wife likes it as well...and makes the truck feel like a pilot cockpit...lol

JWalker

I added tint to my windows and put a visor on this time. I never had a tinted one so I thought I would try it out.
View attachment 46465

View attachment 46466

View attachment 46467

Looks good Dave!

Thinking something like this for a Christmas time.
245mq1l.jpg

jrwgle.jpg

Bones

I had em put the brow on mine too...I like it a lot ..I don't think it's "technically" legal, but neither are my driver and passenger windows...I always have my tinter do 5% over and have never had an issue...my backs are all 5% limo...can't see nothing behind me anyway and keeps it nice, cool, and dark for my daughter as we travel and she watches the headrest tvs.....

Either way I like the brow...my wife likes it as well...and makes the truck feel like a pilot cockpit...lol

I agree I like it so far. I'm not sure if it is legal here either. I have 35% for for my front windows and 5% for everything else.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good Dave!

Thinking something like this for a Christmas time.
245mq1l.jpg

jrwgle.jpg
Thanks and I like the Mag idea as well. Those look good. I will probably wait until I need new tires though.

IronJ

When I picked my truck up is said to my self..."self...this is a great truck as is...and you bought it just to tow the trailer. So don't mod anything until it breaks or needs replacing "...

Then I got home and my wife says "your not gonna leave it like that are you?"...I'm not sure if she was just asking or more poking at me in sarcasm...but I took the hint...

I hardly remember what it looked like before

bcb5a47c1ea210bdbe536bc2d1ec298d.jpg

I like this better anyway

09090567d557dfb4702f16285e19465c.jpg

Bones

When I picked my truck up is said to my self..."self...this is a great truck as is...and you bought it just to tow the trailer. So don't mod anything until it breaks or needs replacing "...

Then I got home and my wife says "your not gonna leave it like that are you?"...I'm not sure if she was just asking or more poking at me in sarcasm...but I took the hint...

I hardly remember what it looked like before

bcb5a47c1ea210bdbe536bc2d1ec298d.jpg

I like this better anyway

09090567d557dfb4702f16285e19465c.jpg

it looks so much better and soon a new bumper

IronJ

And I have the new headlights on my work bench..going with black housings and morimoto 55w hid projectors, halos, and a switch back led strip all around the edge......also have 2 30" led bars that will mount in the grill shell....I figure at least if I'm gonna hit a deer/hog/elk I wanna see it first if possible...🤔..hahah

Bones

And I have the new headlights on my work bench..going with black housings and morimoto 55w hid projectors, halos, and a switch back led strip all around the edge......also have 2 30" led bars that will mount in the grill shell....I figure at least if I'm gonna hit a deer/hog/elk I wanna see it first if possible...樂..hahah

The black Chrome one's? One day I'm gonna be able to check out your truck.

IronJ

e07ae427a515c0eda2c5ee809b8a0aa1.jpg

They are black with a blk chrome reflector bowl now....I'm order to do what I need I'll have to take them apart so I'll probably just spray them color matched to the truck...and smoke the amber reflector to match my cab and mirror lights..I've already made one set for my other truck but I gotta one up these!! Lol..

Maybe one day we can cross paths and I'll show ya..let me know when your in lubbock...or I'll be on the road to glacier end of next month!! Haha

diesel_doberman

Stumbled on this thread...

2008 Ford F-350 6.4 diesel
Orical L.E.D headlamps
5" turbos back mbrp exhaust
AFE 2nd stage air intake
H&S mini max tuner
B&W turn ball
B&W companion fifth wheel
Primatech bed liner
Satan black two tone
N-fab sidesteps with bed access
Fuel hostage 20x10 rims
Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ p3 35x12.5x20
15% window tint, 35% covers whole windshield, 5% visor
Upgraded speakers, amp, subs and 7" touchscreen
Smoked clearance lights

STOCK!
19bb1b5a307a4217e1c3bb20afc9bd77.jpg

AFTER!

f2e6c78e4b0d71315fcc5c1838bb77c5.jpg

83742576d28df2de1e69ea3407b3d7b0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bones

Stumbled on this thread...

2008 Ford F-350 6.4 diesel
Orical L.E.D headlamps
5" turbos back mbrp exhaust
AFE 2nd stage air intake
H&S mini max tuner
B&W turn ball
B&W companion fifth wheel
Primatech bed liner
Satan black two tone
N-fab sidesteps with bed access
Fuel hostage 20x10 rims
Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ p3 35x12.5x20
15% window tint, 35% covers whole windshield, 5% visor
Upgraded speakers, amp, subs and 7" touchscreen
Smoked clearance lights

STOCK!
19bb1b5a307a4217e1c3bb20afc9bd77.jpg

AFTER!

f2e6c78e4b0d71315fcc5c1838bb77c5.jpg

Your truck looks good.

JWalker

Great looking truck. Love the looks of the NFab side steps. Are they the black texture coated or a smooth black coating?

I'm in the hunt for side steps/running boards. So many options.

JWalker

Really like the looks of these new aluminum IBOARDS.
http://www.iboardauto.com/

Anyone have any reviews on these boards?? Good reviews on YouTube.
Very slim design and light weight. Need to keep the weight down on the RAM. LOL.