Tow Vehicle- MODS

Bones

Re: My Tow Vehicle- MODS

My wife is starting to be over the truck mods...time to work on my 87 bluebird shortbus project..

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish
That sounds interesting.

IronJ

That sounds interesting.
It should (might) be...its getting 1 ton axles front and rear with a 10" lift...prob 37/13.5/18 wheels tires

It will have the body shaved down and will be wrapped to advertise my business...

The interior is currently gutted save for driver seat and the one behind it...

Not sure what we will do with interior..would make a good tailgate rig...or i may just use it to generate attention till i find some other un necessary money pit...lol

27811b0430fd749fe9017fa7c07a31d0.jpg

Power247

It should (might) be...its getting 1 ton axles front and rear with a 10" lift...prob 37/13.5/18 wheels tires

It will have the body shaved down and will be wrapped to advertise my business...

Not sure what we will do with interior..would make a good tailgate rig...or i may just use it to generate attention till i find some other un necessary money pit...lol

Oh the possibilities!!

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Bones

I will reiterate this is definitely going to be interesting. Make sure to pop in now and then and let a few of us know how this project is going.

porthole

Retired
I went to a school bus extrication class a year ago this week. The phrase "built like a tank" certainly is appropriate to school buses. These probably offer some of the toughest challenges to "get through the wall" then any other vehicle on our roadways. Even getting hit by a train does not do the damage you would think it should.

MP_CS

I went to a school bus extrication class a year ago this week. The phrase "built like a tank" certainly is appropriate to school buses. These probably offer some of the toughest challenges to "get through the wall" then any other vehicle on our roadways. Even getting hit by a train does not do the damage you would think it should.

I also took a extrication class a few years back and remember the bus we had was built WAY more substantial than any of us woulda guessed, lol..

kf5qby

In prep for a larger screen RV GPS. I wanted to get the unit off the window for a less obstructive view.
Modified a mounting bracket I saw on a RAM forum.

Great Job. I will have to try this. I have been thinking of a way to mount a GPS that is reachable but still out of the way. This is perfect.

kf5qby

I have always liked the school bus conversion idea. Definitely look forward to how this evolves.

IronJ

I always wanted one too...

Now i just gotta figure exactly which direction to take it...should be fun tho!!!

And in interest of keeping on track, here is my new improved dual nav setup... his and hers if you will...lololol

15050bfffffd1a8f40c5e5e76712f57d.jpg

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Great Job. I will have to try this. I have been thinking of a way to mount a GPS that is reachable but still out of the way. This is perfect.

Thanks. It turned out better than I thought. I got the idea off of this website.
http://www.bayougoatmounts.com/home.html
But my only concern with these mounts is the area for the suction cup is not that large. It seems some of these 6"-7" GPS have a large 3" suction cup. That's why I decided to make my own.

JWalker

Added a 3" Bull Bar
21" LED Light Bar
4" LED Fog Light

x6jwhx.jpg

Finished the LED Rocker Panel Lights.
Lights up the side steps nicely.

szetz8.jpg

j9272p.jpg

IronJ

Forgot about this one....

Amazon and boredom got the best of me...other members on this forum are bad influences!! Haha

The step is neat...i might use it for the front to do underhood stuff...

It works on the rear but does about the same as my amp side steps...

Definantly a great value at 30$ especially if you dont have any sort of step....

Great gift idea for the truck guy's to...i know what my fil is getting for his b day!!

920e1a6d73bfa21316001d9010621a18.jpg

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

That is same step we have Jeremy. Got ours at tractor supply. Very handy front and rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronJ

Tractor supply...didnt even think to look there..

I will say its surprisingly light and sturdy too...

I think it would work better on a 17-20 inch rim tho as my 22s are wider than the arms...thats my only issue ....and im probably yhe only one on the forum who has it...lol

JWalker

Jamie. Your rig looks real good. I may copy your side lights

Thanks Dave. The side lights were really easy. The LED strips come in 16' lengths. One problem was they only had wire leads running from one end. So when I cut to lengrh, I had to remove waterproofing and solder new leads onto the other end. Nothing major though. Tapped into the bed marker lights. I was telling you that I was concerned that they were too bright. But after running them with all lights on, they were fine.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Nice lights on the running boards Jamie. I like them and have thought about adding them but as you know about PA inspections, all lights must work to pass! And with 2 inspections a year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I like those LED light bars on the front and have been thinking about adding one to my truck, but lately I've been seeing a lot of cars and trucks driving at night with them on (like they are fog lights or something) along with their regular headlights, and they are WAY too bright for street driving.

And when you give them the bright light flash . . . seems that most of them are jerks and turn on all of their lights!

And don't even get me started about the trucks that put them on the roof rack (mostly Jeeps) or roll bar and drive the streets and highways with them turned on!

It is just a matter of time (ie.- somebody gets blinded by them and kills someone) before these start getting government regulation on when they can and can't be used.