Towing a 3750fl

MTPockets

I'm sure you'll pull just fine; payload will be unknown until you weigh fully loaded as you would travel. Your driver doorpost will show payload max.

danemayer

The 3750FL has a GVWR of 16,000 lbs, so until you measure actual, you should plan on about 20% of that weight resting on the hitch, or about 3,200 lbs. Your truck payload needs to handle that 3,200, plus weight of passengers, pets, cargo, tools, hitch, bed liner, bed cover and anything else in the truck. It would be pretty easy to get into the 4,000+ lb payload territory. You should see if your truck's sticker supports anything near that weight.

dieseldogsdad

I just ordered a new 3750fl and although there are no no values listed on the Bighorn site yet for this model it is almost the same as the 3755fl. They list 13,910 lbs. for the dry weight and 2,795 lbs. for the hitch weight on the 3755fl. I am figuring with the changes they have made to the floorplan you should probably add about 300-400 lbs to the total weight and maybe 150-200 lbs to the pin weight. I am guessing it will be around 14,300 lbs DW & say 2,950 lbs. PW. Not sure what year or configuration truck you have. For a 2014 Ram Laramie Longhorn 4x4 with crew cab and 6'4" bed, the Ram website lists 3,893 lbs payload and 17,000 lbs max towing so you should be alright assuming you don't pack everything you own and fill the water tanks.

ncrzrbk

What year is your truck. My 2014 Ram 3500 SRW has a payload of 4,400lbs with long bed and 3.42 rear end. I would consider that not all passengers go into the payload but some will transfer to the front axle. My rear axle is rated at 7,000lbs. You should tow it fine but you should research the specs for your model year truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bohemian

Payload is everything added to the truck. Front rear does not matter. Including factory options.

Essentially: Max Payload = GVWR - GVW - 150 lbs (for driver) - weight of full fuel load.

It can be less if you overload one axle, but not more.

The better way of looking at it is looking at the three specs, GVWR, GFAWR, GRAWR and that those are all maximums. If you meet those three specs, you meet max payload.

JBehrens

I was told, the heartland engineer, estimated the tongue weight at 1750 lbs. This was accomplished by moving the axles forward. My 3610RE had a tongue weight of approx. 2100 lbs. My 3750FL is definitely lighter.

JBehrens
2011 F350 SRW 6.7 Diesel

dieseldogsdad

Yeah I just picked my new BH 3750FL last week and I would say it is definitely closer to a 2000# tongue weight than 3000#. When I lowered it onto my hitch the truck only dropped an inch.