towmax tires

jbeletti

Not to minimize this topic but.....

IMHO, the Towmax/Blowmax threads should automatically be consolidated into one, as there are always 3-4 threads going on simultaneously about this same subject. Trace

Been thinking about that myself. It would be one seriously long thread but all the TowMax experiences would be contained in one place for anyone to read.

Who hates this idea? Seriously - if we did a TowMax tire thread consolidation, would this bother anyone? Thanks for any feedback.

jnbhobe

Sounds like a good idea to me I get tired of reading about them we all know they are bad so just replace them and get it over with

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Been thinking about that myself. It would be one seriously long thread but all the TowMax experiences would be contained in one place for anyone to read.

Who hates this idea? Seriously - if we did a TowMax tire thread consolidation, would this bother anyone? Thanks for any feedback.

I think that is a bad idea as it would be so long that nobody would read it . . .

How about giving the BlowMax tires their own forum instead?

Now THAT is a better idea! :rolleyes::eek::cool:

DW_Gray

I did file a formal complaint with the NHTSA, for all the good that might do.

From personal experience last year, they do pay attention to every complaint. Only days after I filed a complaint about my trailer rims, a NHTSA representative called me to ask permission to use my info to open an inquiry to Heartland about the defect. (Note: It was not a problem with Heartland. That's just where they have to start the investigation.) I haven't heard anything since. I do know those rims have been discontinued.

ABASLER

I thought my axels were close together to. I had 235/80 16 Towmax tires with about 1500 miles on my 2014 Cyclone 3800.I only had about inch between the tires .One of my tires came apart . After talking to my tire man he told me the Goodyear G614s 235/85 16 American Made would fit. I decided to put six new ones on. I now have about 3 inches between tires and they are G rated. When he pulled my tires off, the other 5 were ready to blow. Two of the had a difference of two inches of height when side by side. I think the tires are expanding. I don't remember the tires being that close when I bought the trailer new in 2014. Monday I head to the dealer to see what is going to be done about these six bad tires. It scared me when I seen how bad of shape the tires were in. Never over 60mph or over loaded. People don't trust the Towmax

Count me as another victim. Coming back Monday from the Bristol race, the right front blew. About 100 miles down the road, right rear blew. Fortunately, I was able to get off the road right after I heard them blow so damage was minimal. Looking at replacements right now.

mrbob63

Is there any new news on these tires. I have a new 2015 42 ft oakmont with st235/80 r16 on it. I really hate to go drop a ton of money on new, new tires. Anyone have any newer updates?

JohnD

Is there any new news on these tires. I have a new 2015 42 ft oakmont with st235/80 r16 on it. I really hate to go drop a ton of money on new, new tires. Anyone have any newer updates?

The only news on these tires is to get rid of them.

And watch out for Tow King tires . . . same as the BlowMax tires, just with a new name.

And that is one of the tires that are coming on the 2015 & 2016 Heartland models . . .

brianlajoie

Only if you were preparing for the NHTSA to review them all. Maybe you can get someone from the NHTSA to join us at the rally in Goshen.

JohnD

Heartland...time to step up and be the first to dump the TowMax tires!

another one bites the dust... I knew better so this is my own fault. i have about 1500 miles on these tires.

No matter . . . it seems that Heartland should know better!

It is well known that TowMax (aka - BlowMax) tires are bad . . . and even though our efforts here in the chats to get rid of them from the factory has gone on deaf ears!

TowMax (aka - BlowMax) has changed the name of their tires, and not only Heartland, but every other RV manufacturer still puts them on their products from the factory!

Really . . . how much more in manufacturers cost would it take to put the right tires on our trailers in the first place?????

Here is how I look at it . . .

You buy a brand new tow vehicle . . . what would you do if your brand new $50,000 truck came with inferior tires?

Somehow I doubt that anyone here would just bend over and accept the fact that their new truck came with inferior tires to handle what they bought their new truck for in the first place, and spend another $2000 to get their new purchase set up to do the job that the manufacturer promised it would do in the first place!

We need to get Heartland on this same band wagon . . . ??????????

If one of the big RV manufacturers (and HEARTLAND/THOR seems to be the biggest) would jump on the bandwagon and denounce these krap tires, then maybe something would (could) be done!

Unfortunately, the almighty dollar seems to be most important . . .

Now, we've been looking at upgrading our Heartland trailer . . . and every single one of them (Heartland 2015 & 2016 models) that we've looked at on several dealers lots have all had BlowMax's on them!

These tires are junk . . . we WILL NOT leave any dealer's lot with a brand new HEARTLAND TRAILER if they have BlowMax tires on them . . .

I'm a Heartland customer . . . as are many thousands of others out there in the real world . . .

So why does Heartland continue to put these junk tires on their out of factory products?????

I know that many here in the chats say that it takes time to change . . .

Not too mention that many others say that we should accept the fact that the tires on our brand new purchase are meant for delivery only!

Which I say is BS!

But what really stands out to the consumer of said products is when a manufacturer stands up and accepts responsibility . . . and makes the first step to jump to the next level and go with what is right!

Not what is right for the bottom line for the manufacturer's accountants . . .

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
No matter . . . it seems that Heartland should know better!

It is well known that TowMax (aka - BlowMax) tires are bad . . . and even though our efforts here in the chats to get rid of them from the factory has gone on deaf ears!

TowMax (aka - BlowMax) has changed the name of their tires, and not only Heartland, but every other RV manufacturer still puts them on their products from the factory!

Here is how I look at it . . .

You buy a brand new tow vehicle . . . what would you do if your brand new $50,000 truck came with inferior tires?

Somehow I doubt that anyone here would just bend over and accept the fact that their new truck came with inferior tires to handle what they bought their new truck for in the first place, and spend another $2000 to get their new purchase set up to do the job that the manufacturer promised it would do in the first place!

We need to get Heartland on this same band wagon . . . ??????????

If one of the big RV manufacturers (and HEARTLAND/THOR seems to be the biggest) would jump on the bandwagon and denounce these krap tires, then maybe something would (could) be done!

Unfortunately, the almighty dollar seems to be most important . . .

Now, we've been looking at upgrading our Heartland trailer . . . and every single one of them (Heartland 2015 & 2016 models) that we've looked at on several dealers lots have all had BlowMax's on them!

These tires are junk . . . we will not leave any dealer's lot with a brand new HEARTLAND TRAILER if they have BlowMax tires on them . . .

I'm a Heartland customer . . . as are many thousands of others out there in the real world . . .

So why does Heartland continue to put these junk tires on their out of factory products?????

John, I've said this before. Heartland IS phasing TowMax out of use. Please do not keep saying to the contrary.

Thank you,

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

John, I've said this before. Heartland IS phasing TowMax out of use. Please do not keep saying to the contrary.

Thank you,

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah . . . right!

However . . . what does that do for the unknowing?????

OK . . . I've warned everyone!

Just don't allow your dealer let you leave the lot with BlowMax (or Tow King) tires on your brand new Heartland product . . .

Like I've said . . . we've been looking at upgrading to a bigger and newer Heartland product, and they all have the inferior BlowMax tires on them!

And we will not leave the dealers lot with those BlowMax tires on them!

Doesn't matter what the contract says . . . if the tires are not up to specs, then Heartland CAN get out of any contract they may have with BlowMax!

Now, I'm not trying to start something here . . . as it is already well established that the BlowMax tires are an accident waiting to happen!

I won't say anything more on the subject . . . I shouldn't need to!

DocFather

Yeah . . . right!

However . . . what does that do for the unknowing?????

OK . . . I've warned everyone!

Just don't allow your dealer let you leave the lot with BlowMax (or Tow King) tires on your brand new Heartland product . . .

Like I've said . . . we've been looking at upgrading to a bigger and newer Heartland product, and they all have the inferior BlowMax tires on them!

And we will not leave the dealers lot with those BlowMax tires on them!

Doesn't matter what the contract says . . . if the tires are not up to specs, then Heartland CAN get out of any contract they may have with BlowMax!

Now, I'm not trying to start something here . . . as it is already well established that the BlowMax tires are an accident waiting to happen!

I won't say anything more on the subject . . . I shouldn't need to!

Exactly. My "Brand new" 2014 4100 sits plugged in down near the barn. 600 miles on it: 2 - twenty mile camping trips on the Ohio River and a 500-mile trip back n forth the the now sold Dealership for minor squawk list items. I cannot afford 7 new tires that would be safer for this rig, which should have come with it in the first place for the $$ I paid almost 2 years ago. And I don't have the $$ to repair the ensuing damage if I take it on the roads for a longer trip. And some of you guys wonder why some of the rest of us are p***d off at Heartland about these tires. I am sure broke some unwritten rule here and this post will be edited or deleted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. My "Brand new" 2014 4100 sits plugged in down near the barn. 600 miles on it: 2 - twenty mile camping trips on the Ohio River and a 500-mile trip back n forth the the now sold Dealership for minor squawk list items. I cannot afford 7 new tires that would be safer for this rig, which should have come with it in the first place for the $$ I paid almost 2 years ago. And I don't have the $$ to repair the ensuing damage if I take it on the roads for a longer trip. And some of you guys wonder why some of the rest of us are p***d off at Heartland about these tires. I am sure broke some unwritten rule here and this post will be edited or deleted!

I just got off the phone with the rep from Dynamic Tire. If my tire is deemed degective by the Dynamic inspectors the they will give me $125.00 for a new tire or a replacement Blowmax. $125 is about 1/3 of the cost of a tire that should be on a 4100. But its all up to their inspectors and after it gets to Canada i will have no way to dispute their findings. They have us over a barrel.
I agree that the majority of fault belongs to Dynamic but i still believe Heartland has a responsibility too for putting such inferior tires on these trailers.

Last edited by a moderator:

ABASLER

Make sure you file a claim with TBC Corp. 800 739-7696.Dynamic Tire makes them for TBC Corp. That is where I started my claim.