TPMS sensors siezed to valve stems

mmomega

AnyTimer
Well after reading through this, sorry to hear about the rotten luck with the sensors seizing up. I can't even get my TPMS system delivered. I ordered it on the 6th of July about a week and a half before a long trip hoping it would be enough time to receive them. It wasn't , told on the 12th after I emailed them that the order that comes from Hong Kong got held up at customs would ship the next day. Now the 24th and not a single peep and I've had $200 in limbo for almost 3 weeks. Has anyone else had a problem like this ordering from TST?

I went with them just because it sounded like the system to get by reading on the forums but sensors seizing and still not receiving an order after 3 weeks. It may be time to find a different product for me.

porthole

Retired
Did you order from TST or the vendor from the Heartland rallies, Always Shiny Wheels and Tires>

Service form the vendor has been excellent.
My sensor seizing problem is supposed to be rare event, an to that effect, no one else in the Heartland group has experienced the problem.

mmomega

AnyTimer
I ordered straight from TST. I still want to give them the benefit of the doubt after hearing how good the system is but 19 days and counting and no status updates, nothing.
I sent an email from work after 6 days of waiting and I was assured that the shipment would be leaving that day, that was the 12th of July, I ordered on the 6th and it's the 25th and haven't heard anything back.

jnbhobe

I ordered mine from them direct with no problems. I had talked with Dan Covington the president, I would call him personally can't hurt.

SilverRhino

I ordered straight from TST. I still want to give them the benefit of the doubt after hearing how good the system is but 19 days and counting and no status updates, nothing.
I sent an email from work after 6 days of waiting and I was assured that the shipment would be leaving that day, that was the 12th of July, I ordered on the 6th and it's the 25th and haven't heard anything back.

They told me the same thing back in May or June when I ordered mine. Two days after I asked about shipment, they arrived! Had some issues with items missing from my order and that was corrected within 48 hrs of my notifying them of the problem. In my dealings with TST, I have been nothing but pleased up to this point.

mmomega

AnyTimer
Well I received another email from them today and was told they couldn't find my order number yet I was already charged the $200. I gave them all of the info I had again so hopefully it gets taken care of soon. Im trying to be patient but it is a tad frustrating.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had a gasket replaced on my Pressure Pro Sensor and when it returned it had a note in the package that said not to attach it to a valve stem that was aluminum because the sensor uses brass, which will cause a metal corrosion that will sieze the aluminum to the brass. They said to use steel valve stems. I found that on quick disconnects for the water hoses started to corrode.

I use to work in the electrical utility industry and knew that a brass and aluminum combined use is a no no....

BC

SilverRhino

JD.....Not sure who you have been dealing with, but all my dealings have been with Abby Crump. She has always been very prompt and helpful.

mmomega

AnyTimer
JD.....Not sure who you have been dealing with, but all my dealings have been with Abby Crump. She has always been very prompt and helpful.

Well I do want to correct some things. I was receiving emails from 2 different people, one saying it would ship one saying my order didn't process. Anywho. I ordered the TPMS about 7 days before I left for vacation hoping that would be enough time to receive it. It would have been but they had a problem with the shipment which pushed it back a few days. So I left on vacation for 2 weeks. Long story short, I just never received a shipping notice from UPS nor a notice from TST that the order shipped. So I kept writing them for status updates, I finally received an update from Abby that UPS reported that the order had already been delivered and I had a friend go by and pick it up. Everything is fine just a communication mix-up.

SilverRhino

JD.....Glad you got things straightened out! I really enjoy our 507 unit......great sense of security knowing that it is keeping track of the "rubber on the road" while we travel. I still check the tires, hubs etc. with the Infrared when we stop, and give all the tires a good look over.

Randy

Travel Safe!

MC9

I just mailed a sensor to TST that was reading 30 lbs instead of 80. TST said send in my receipt and old sensor and he woud send me a new one. Changed a tire on the road a while back and the spare didn't have the stainless valve stem. I could see how you could almost twist off the rubber stems just by snugging on the sensor.