Trade-in value 3055RL

Gaffer

I had no trouble using the MSRP and special build sheets that Jim posted to arrive at an MSRP ($**.2k) that the dealer agreed to take 30% off of (**.5k) shipped to the west coast. What they want to give me for trade on my 2010 3055RL was not what I want to accept (25k). Anyone recently get a good price trading a 3055RL?

Last edited by a moderator:

Garypowell

In late 2012 for a new 2013 3010 our deal was 25% off of sticker and they gave us 29K for our old 2009 3055. You'll have to work the numbers to see how that equates to your deal since your getting a bigger discount and you have a 2010.

One be fact that is always true is that they get their money one way or the other. By either less for trade or less discount. After all they need to make money.

Not having any paper and pencil handy it seems your deal is about the same as ours. You have better discount we got better trade.

Another fact that remains is that you must be happy with the deal or you'll kick yourself for a long time no matter how good anyone else feels.

we were very happy with our deal.

MTPockets

The NADA RV guide can give you a point of reference. They show low retail in 20's.... More depending on options.

Gaffer

Did you order it, or find one on a lot that you liked?
In late 2012 for a new 2013 3010 our deal was 25% off of sticker and they gave us 29K for our old 2009 3055. You'll have to work the numbers to see how that equates to your deal since your getting a bigger discount and you have a 2010.

One be fact that is always true is that they get their money one way or the other. By either less for trade or less discount. After all they need to make money.

Not having any paper and pencil handy it seems your deal is about the same as ours. You have better discount we got better trade.

Another fact that remains is that you must be happy with the deal or you'll kick yourself for a long time no matter how good anyone else feels.

we were very happy with our deal.

dcwettstein

We just purchased a new Big Horn and we got 26% discount and about 4K more for our trade the other dealers. I figured out if I got what the other dealers gave me the discount would have been about 30%. we were very happy with the deal. We ordered the rig and it was built last Wednesday and are waiting somewhat patiently for it to arrive.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm amazed at how often people seem to trade in and upgrade their RV's around here.

When we bought our 2013 Trail Runner, we already knew that we planned on keeping it at least 10 years!

We didn't order ours . . . we saw it on the lot of a local dealership.

When we decided to buy four months later . . . we found the same trailer at a different dealership about 10 miles down the road.

I wish the original dealership still had it as we have not been happy with the dealership we purchased from.

That being said . . . the dealership we did purchase from is an off-shoot of the dealership we saw it at in the first place.

Next time when we upgrade (and it will happen) . . . we will NOT buy from our current, or their parent dealership.