Trail Air vs Springs when buying a 08 or 10 used 5th wheel??

We're seeing some Nice BH's in the 08 to '10 year range, some with air and some springs, just wondering if the Air ride would be a can of worms, in general, at this age of unit. Seems that it would be nice to have that air system under there for the smooth ride, but I can't work on stuff much anymore. I figure bringing it back up to 'speed' may be costly. What is the advice on this??
Thanks, Farmer

jnbhobe

I haven't seen much in air ride other than center-point that is a Lipert add on. Mor-Ryde IS would be nice but most everything else is springs.

hoefler

If you're referring to the pin box having an airbag, I would not be without it. We have the TrailAir on our Landmark, it is amazing what it does for the ride in the truck as well the coach.

whp4262

There is a complete air ride system that was designed by a Canadian company, can't recall the name. But it replaces the springs and uses airbags like what is used on trucks and some motor homes. The installation includes an onboard air tank and compressor for the airbags which can also be used to air up tires. I think it's about a $4000.00 conversion. That's the only true air suspension system that I'm aware of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk