Trailair Tri-Glide conversion to Flex air

teasac69

I'm doing my research to determine if my TriGlide is as problematic as some have claimed. It seems the lower rollers are breaking down and when it does, if you're underway, you could have a dangerous "flopping" around of the pin box and hitch connection.

I have also contacted LCI and inquired if they are considering a recall or upgrade arrangement. They are offering the lower jaw conversion kit to make my Tri Glide into a Flexair, involving replacing the lower jaw which makes it the same overall unit as the new Flex air (their replacement for the Tri Glide). The fact that they quit making it is a large indicator to me they are anticipating issues. (haven't gotten the $$$ price yet but you know it won't be cheap).

I have maintained my grease fittings and don't sense any loosening in the lower jaw section but not willing to wait until it's too late.

Just wondering if anyone has done this conversion and how big a job it is. LCI claims any DIY'r can do this job with proper tools and lift assistance.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As far as being a DIY it's fairly easy.
I had my lower jaw replaced under warranty but LCI would not let me do it so on my way to a rally I stopped at my dealer and they changed it out in about fifteen minutes.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have the flex air and so far I like it. I would assume you would change the whole lower jaw assembly. the 2 side pivot bolts, 1 on the air bag , and 1 on the shock,
59bc07b9b1935e3009c7647cf8fa437c.jpg

ffe708c2681ea991f317391694506937.jpg

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just did my first 7 hours with the new FlexAir. What a difference in ride. You will love it.

teasac69

I did receive a call from Lippert and they have made an adjustment on my situation that is satisfactory to me. Not because it is saving me money, as much as because they are stepping up and addressing the way this whole matter was handled and making sure to leave a lasting impression that they do in fact care about their customer.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I did receive a call from Lippert and they have made an adjustment on my situation that is satisfactory to me. Not because it is saving me money, as much as because they are stepping up and addressing the way this whole matter was handled and making sure to leave a lasting impression that they do in fact care about their customer.

Good to hear they are trying to take care of the customer.