How Do I Replace Air Bag on a FlexAir Pin Box?

rxbristol

The air bag on my Flex Air pin box is starting to crack due to sun exposure. Has anyone replaced theirs? It looks like all I have to do is deflate, remove the top nuts and air valve, slide it toward the driver's side to disengage it from the pin box and reverse the process for the new one. I did find the torque values for the top nuts (no more than 20 ft lbs.). Lippert, surprisingly, does not have directions. They sent me directions on how to replace the lower jaw which does show the keyed insert for the lower part of the air bag, but the directions have you taking the lower jaw completely off because the directions are for a jaw replacement. eTrailer does not have directions and I cannot find any on YouTube.

Thanks for anyone's help.

Last edited:

dewwood

I think you are right on in your thinking about just removing the nuts and sliding it out. I replaced mine on the older Trail Air and that was all it took.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
When I park mine for any period of time, I started to cover the pin with an extra tire cover that I had lying around. Trying to avoid any sun damage to the bag.