424.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    447.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    440.4 KB · Views: 177

lwmcguir

Pretty darn slick, sure glad I got the hitch option as well. Let us know how it tows, has to be a dream.

Urban350

I know this an old thread but could someone with an air hitch tell me how much travel they have? I am wondering if one would need more then 6" of bed rail clearance?

danemayer

We have a Trailersaver BD3 on our GMC Sierra 3500 and are towing a Landmark Rushmore. Our hitch is mounted using its factory standard setting, but I believe it's adjustable up or down by shifting to different mounting holes. When the Rushmore is hitched up, I have almost 6 inches of rail clearance, the nose is close to level, and the hitch is centered vertically. By adding air to lift the hitch, I can get another 1 1/2" of rail clearance (but I would think that to tow that way might cause undue stress on the parts).

porthole

Retired
We have a Trailersaver BD3 on our GMC Sierra 3500 and are towing a Landmark Rushmore. Our hitch is mounted using its factory standard setting, but I believe it's adjustable up or down by shifting to different mounting holes. When the Rushmore is hitched up, I have almost 6 inches of rail clearance, the nose is close to level, and the hitch is centered vertically. By adding air to lift the hitch, I can get another 1 1/2" of rail clearance (but I would think that to tow that way might cause undue stress on the parts).

I was told that completely empty or the bags maxed out it will not hurt the hitch.
I will frequently max the bags to gain that extra clearance in areas where the terrain dictates a bit extra height.

For me, because the roll up cover uses rails inside teh bed I lose some horizontal clearance, which is an issue on tight backing in turns.
A little more air and we are good to go.