Trick My Truck!

wyleyrabbit

Got to have mud flaps for front and rear. Big ones for the rear that are extra long with chrome weights at the bottom, don't want to be throwing rocks at your trailer.

Don,

Where does one acquire such mud flaps? Are these from the dealership, or would this be something I order from somewhere?

Cheers,
Chris

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Wyley, I have seen some that go on the trailer hitch receiver. You can take them off and on as needed. The brand was "roadmaster". They are a little pricey,$260.00, if I remember right. Go to their web page. Bob:D

jolar3329

I haul a 2009 Big Horn 3670 with a 2004 version of the same truck. I haven't done anything to enhance the suspension.

Last edited:

truknutt

Committed Member
Stay away from them women, they're nothing but trouble!! Here you go Lefty...

Attachments

• Texas flap.jpg
    Texas flap.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 19

truknutt

Committed Member
Don,

Where does one acquire such mud flaps? Are these from the dealership, or would this be something I order from somewhere?

Cheers,
Chris

Wyley,

There are removable systems such as the Roadmasters Bob suggested (actually called Road Wings) and the Enkay Rock Tamers (link).

Go Industries makes the permanent style with stainless steel weights and anti-sail devices referred to earlier (link).

DuraFlap also makes permanent mounts for front and rear (link).

These are all aftermarket items.

Attachments

• RoadWing.jpg
    RoadWing.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Dually set.jpg
    Dually set.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 23

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I haul a 2009 Big Horn 3670 with a 2004 version of the same truck. I haven't done anything to enhance the suspension.

Give it some time...you will. Nice things about Timbrens...you don't use them unless you need them.

No airbags to blow up...you ever tried to get your lips around one of those valve stems??

Gzopete

Happy Member
The came on the truck...and are useless for me, most of the time. No grab handles, YET...

I have to be able to hit the door at 90degrees to get my foot on it and be able to grab the steering wheel to pull myself up and in to the truck. The new power seat will take care of that problem.

I'm not sure bout the bed liner...I've never seen it. Other than pictures. It came from the factory. It will probably get removed and the entire bed Rhino'd. That's the one that I've had in 3 trucks. Sure like them better than the slide in variety.

I'm going to take some pictures today...I'll post them up later...and then we BOTH'll know!!

Line-x and Rhino are not bad but please check into Speedliner.com I haven't done it to my truck to date due to travel and time away from my truck. They will match the color of the truck and it won't chalk out

2010augusta

Line-x and Rhino are not bad but please check into Speedliner.com I haven't done it to my truck to date due to travel and time away from my truck. They will match the color of the truck and it won't chalk out

I sprayed Arma-coat/Line-x for six years. Speedliner appears to be the same. IMHO all are better than rhino. The hot sprayed products have a much better finish than the cold sprayed rhino. The color match is a neat Idea, but I would caution anyone against it. The process is always a two part poly-urathane with pigments, and Isocynate, the latter cures to a yellow shade. The color match process for most will be a trial and error process that is done in a very small batch and unless a lot of math and measuring is done there could be a problem with the mix due to too little or too much pigment. I have color matched several trucks and it never looks quite right because of the shine difference. The worst color I ever tried spraying was white for helicopter doors. We warned the coustomer that White will not stay white because of the natural yellowing of the isocynate, and suggested a light tan or gray, but they insisted on white and less than a year later the product had started to darken. I am still a fan of the standard black spray-in liner. easier to maintain, cheaper cost. Just my experince and thoughts.

rckc228

Congrats on the new truck Lefty. Make sure to send pictures. What about fancy maker lights for the running board.

Gzopete

Happy Member
I sprayed Arma-coat/Line-x for six years. Speedliner appears to be the same. IMHO all are better than rhino. The hot sprayed products have a much better finish than the cold sprayed rhino. The color match is a neat Idea, but I would caution anyone against it. The process is always a two part poly-urathane with pigments, and Isocynate, the latter cures to a yellow shade. The color match process for most will be a trial and error process that is done in a very small batch and unless a lot of math and measuring is done there could be a problem with the mix due to too little or too much pigment. I have color matched several trucks and it never looks quite right because of the shine difference. The worst color I ever tried spraying was white for helicopter doors. We warned the coustomer that White will not stay white because of the natural yellowing of the isocynate, and suggested a light tan or gray, but they insisted on white and less than a year later the product had started to darken. I am still a fan of the standard black spray-in liner. easier to maintain, cheaper cost. Just my experince and thoughts.

I have a blue truck and I would prefer having a somewhat match liner over a black liner. Now if it fades over time so be it. Still better then black. Any color i pick be it black, blue, red, or pink it still is going to burn the HE&% out of me here in Arizona. And for around 400 bucks I don't think you can beat that even with color. As far as I know they only use factory match colors. No mix or match. Does Line-x Caulk out over time?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a blue truck and I would prefer having a somewhat match liner over a black liner. Now if it fades over time so be it. Still better then black. Any color i pick be it black, blue, red, or pink it still is going to burn the HE&% out of me here in Arizona. And for around 400 bucks I don't think you can beat that even with color. As far as I know they only use factory match colors. No mix or match. Does Line-x Caulk out over time?

Take a look at this brand of spray-on liner. It looks like they have a dark blue. My dealer applied the black liner to my truck when I bought it.

http://www.xtremeliners.com/

2010augusta

If you don't want black go for a gray too stay cooler. Line-X will lose it gloss over time, but they now have a top coat to keep a gloss finish for much longer. If properly cared for it will not chalk. I have had my liner for 8 or 9 years now and no chalk.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have a friend that has an Allegro Bay MH. He did not want to put a Bra on the front so he went and had LineX sprayed on the front of his MH that matched the paint. It had a finer grit and was so close you could not tell it was a spray on. I am thinking of finding out if I can get the front of my 5er sprayed (behind the truck) to keep it from chipping and spotting.