Trip to factory

rickbsgu

rickbsgu
Hi -

So, I'd like to get a couple of issues looked at w/ my new 3670RL and I figure the factory is the best way to go.

Coincidentally, I'm going to be flying out of Chicago for a couple of month trip to Europe.

So, a couple of questions:

1) Do I need to make an appointment to be seen?

2) Any one know of a storage facility between Elkhart and Chicago where I can keep it for a couple of months? Preferably w/ electrical, so I can keep the reefer going?

My current thinking is to take the unit up there, put it in storage, fly out, and then have the factory look at it on my return - probably end of May.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanx,
rickb

tcbrady

rickb,
The factory is not set up to do warranty work. You will need to contact your local dealer for issues that need to be reviewed with your 3670RL. Heartland would be happy to assist in this process to assure your repairs are handled in a proper manner.

Our service phone # is 574-262-8030.

thanks,

rickbsgu

rickbsgu
Really?

I was under the impression that the factory welcomed folks coming back with their units and problems therein. Part of this is an out-of-square cabinet that I suspect will require replacement - at least re-alignment. Seems like that would be an easy thing to do at the factory, less easy at the dealer.

Anyway, I'm not going to be in the vicinity of my dealer for a long time, the way things are looking, now.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are a couple of Heartland Dealers in Elkhart that do the warranty work for the factory. I believe one is RV Capital Service Center. (Not sure of the telephone number) but you would need an appointment with them. If you are not in a hurry for it they could probably let it sit on their lot but you would have to discuss that with them. I have had work done by them and they do decent work.

rickbsgu

rickbsgu
Ok, thanks for the info. I got another recommendation for RV Capital.

I won't be coming back to the US until mid-June, so I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to hold it that long. Probably start a dialog in May and see if I can get an appointment set up.

Thanks,
rickb

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Rick
In Elkhart IN is a campground called Elkhart Campground.. Sorta Fits huh?.:D

http://www.elkhartcampground.com/
25608 County Road 4
Elkhart, IN 46514
(574) 264-2914

They are pretty nice people to work with. I am pretty sure that if you called them and asked to set your trailer in the campground off to one of the sites in back along the side and just use a 20amp connection for a decent price.

It is family owned so if call try to talk to the owner, not his father or mother.