Triple axel tire change

TBONE21

I do have one question for you guys. When you have a flat on a triple axel fifth wheel, can you use one of those drive on blocks where you drive over the block with the inflated tire and will it lift the flat tire up enough on a triple axel set up?
Flat tires suck and I am trying to make sure I have a good set up when it happens on the side of the road.

Thanks again for the replies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes !!! Some say not to. But I've been doing it that way for many years just using big blocks of wood or stacked up fire wood. What ever I have at the time. I feel it's safer then any jack. Just keep an eye on your shackles and make sure they don't flip. They shouldn't but stranger things have happened.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TBONE21

Yes !!! Some say not to. But I've been doing it that way for many years just using big blocks of wood or stacked up fire wood. What ever I have at the time. I feel it's safer then any jack. Just keep an eye on your shackles and make sure they don't flip. They shouldn't but stranger things have happened.

I figure that drive on plastic tire change thing seems like the perfect thing to carry vs back in the day I used to carry a floor jack. I guess I will buy one of those drive on plastic ramp things. A lot easier to store.

porthole

Retired
Even if you don't get all the height you need to change the tire, driving up on the blocks will lessen the amount of lift actually needed.

And with LevelUp, all you have to do is push a button or two

TBONE21

Even if you don't get all the height you need to change the tire, driving up on the blocks will lessen the amount of lift actually needed.

And with LevelUp, all you have to do is push a button or two

I never thought of using the level up to help out. I didn't know it went that far. Thats a good idea.

mlpeloquin

Just remember, when you drive up on something to change a tire you are now over loading the remaining one. Better to jack it up.

porthole

Retired

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I never thought of using the level up to help out. I didn't know it went that far. Thats a good idea.
I was assuming you didn't have Level-up !!!
I you have Level-up there is no need for blocks, unless your jacks are mounted to high like I have seen on a lot of Big Horns. The rear jacks will extend about 15" of ram I've seen some mounted 14" off the ground. Mine are at 10.5" off the ground.

porthole

Retired
Wood blocks under the jacks.

Keep in mind when lifting a trailer off the ground for tire change etc, the side you are lifting should have close to equal space under the jacks.
You don't want the the jacks extending full length and not start out equal distance.