Tst 507 tpms

TeJay

Can't hardly disagree with those thoughts on metal valve stems. Anytime you can reduce the amount of movement/vibration it would reduce chances of a valve failure. When I had my last set of valve stems installed a metal valve stem was not available. I'm having new tires put on the new unit when it comes in and I need to research and find out why one was not available. My point in mentioning the TST policy is for those that do have new tires with rubber stems. They may simply want to install the sensors and don't want to immediately go through the cost to have the stems replaced and they would be OK. Simply monitor and replace with metal stems at the next appropriate time.

It's also very important to always have tires computer balanced especially when anything is replaced or added. Even a very small imbalance will create a vibration that you the driver may never feel or notice. The sensors will notice the vibrations. Back years ago we only had bubble and spin balancing. Bubble balancing is good if you know what you're doing. The Hunter spin balancing was also great but difficult to teach. I'd put my hand on the fender and raise my pointer finger then spin the tire. When it was balanced at road speeds your finger would get rock steady. After adding the weights you could again spin the wheel and check for proper balance. You'd know if it was balanced correctly.

TaJay

mikeandconnie

Make sure the metal valve stems has the proper torque. I had 2 metal valve stems go bad due to loose torque. I'm going to call the tire manf. and report it and replace all of them.

danemayer

Bernie,

You didn't find them earlier because I posted them after reading your post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jimtoo

Bernie,,, just send the check to Dan or me... preferably ME... I will split what's left with Dan. And no,,, don't hide it behind a Munzee ! :)

Jim M

porthole

Retired
I would recommend anyone that has a 36 foot or more rig, go ahead and invest in the repeater. I was not getting my trailer readings hardly at all, put on the repeater and it is working great. I even put the sensors on my spares, both truck and trailer. Sure is nice being able to monitor all tires from the comforts of my captains chair!

I don't use the repeater, just the included antenna extender. I have that snaked through the dash up the a pillar and stuffed in the headliner. Solved my wandering sensor issue.

Manzan

Kudos to the TST company! My Suburban was rifled a couple of weeks ago, I left it unlocked. I have done that many times before, not intentionally, with nothing happening. We are in a quiet, relatively safe neighborhood. Put new batteries in the sensors and turned on the TST monitor to check how they were doing and decided to plug it in and charge it. No charger. The only other thing that was taken was my 12V tire pump. I don't know why they did not take the monitor or some other things that were much more expensive. Didn't know what they were? Sent TST an email explaining what happened and asked them to send me another charger and let me know the cost. Received an email from them this morning and they said the charger was on its way and there would be no charge. You can't beat service like that! Way above and beyond anything I would ever expect. Thanks again, and I love the TST 507 system. Bruce

vangoes

Just installed my new TST 507 and have a few questions. My old Doran TPMS system would give me an alarm saying lost sensors if I unhooked from rig and drove away. Today when I drove away with the TST it just kept on functioning like everything was normal. After about 45 minutes or so, it still was not alarming. Is this normal for the TST or shouldn't it be giving me a lost sensor alarm? Second issue I have is that it thinks I have a sensor on a tire that I don't. As it does its rotation, it goes there for a period of time and then moves on. I tried to reset the monitor to factory settings by turning power on while holding the "+" key per the instructions but it does not reset. Has anyone out there experienced these problems or have any of you reset your monitor successfully?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it's like the 510 system I have, the monitor displays the last transmissions it received when you drive out of range, until you turn it off. I also thought it was remarkable that it could read from 10 miles away :confused:. And, like the 510, there should be some instruction in the manual to eliminate positions where you don't have a tire. If all else fails, call TST. I understand they are very good to work with, although I haven't needed to call them..

porthole

Retired
TST monitors have a feature where you can turn off the trailer when not using it. Mode and the + button for 6 seconds IIRC