TV Antenna

olcoon

Did an advanced search & didn't really find too much to help, or it was pretty dated. Before we left for Texas in Jan. I noticed that the front wing on the antenna was bent up. Hadn't noticed it before, & have no clue what happened, I'm assuming a low tree branch. As there was snow on the roof & I was recuperating from a broken leg, I decided that was something for another day. When I finally climbed up there, I straightened it as much as I could. Later a few miles down the road I noticed it was bent worse. Climbed back up & really did a job on it. Also noticed the plastic housing had also broken, so I used some Gorilla tape on for a temp fix. When we got home, it's now almost bent double, so it's time to replace it. I was wondering if anyone has replaced theirs & what kind they used. I've done a little research on the Jack antenna, & it's got a lot of mixed reviews. Can't decide what would be the best. We've got satellite TV, but when we were gate guarding I found that at about 2:am most of the channels to to paid programing, & I'd rather watch paint peel!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you're going to the Goshen rally, I'll have a Sensar IV replacement antenna head for sale. I'm going to try the Jack head on my mast.

ParkIt

If you're going to the Goshen rally, I'll have a Sensar IV replacement antenna head for sale. I'm going to try the Jack head on my mast.
Thanks John, you always come up with things I want to change but wasn't sure what to change it to.

(just read your tag of "Prolifically Gabby Member". Bout' fell outta my chair laughing as usual) ;)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We replaced ours with the Jack antenna head onto the existing mast. Very easy install. We had issues getting it to work at first, but discovered a loose cable connection in the ceiling space below the crank. Once tightened, we have MUCH better reception with the Jack than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk