TV Mounts

zburns

New Heartland Pioneer PI355 Owner here.

At all the TV Mount locations is there a sure fire way to make sure when I attach tv mounts that I'm in the middle of whatever wood is behind the wall?

It's hard to tell, but I'm assuming there's about a 12" x 12" piece of plywood or something back there to hold up the TV (especially in the master bedroom). I just want to make sure the lag bolt attaches to something of substance.

Would a 1.5" lag bolt be too much on any wall - even in the entertainment center area?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

I'd say it's best to use a hammer and tiny finish nail to probe the area behind where you want to add the mount, just to be sure there is more structure than the decor board.

As for lags, if there is plywood, use short lags.

Last edited:

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I'd say it's best to use a hammer and tiny finish nail to probe the area behind where you want to add the mount, just to be safe there is more structure than the decor board.

As for lags, if there is plywood, use short lags.

Once you find solid surface, slowly and carefully predrill hole and you can find out how thick the area is and the approximate materials. it is made of.

No real need to go much thicker than the materials your going through. You may also find other types of screw mounts could be better than a lag bolt.

jerryjay11

Once you find solid surface, slowly and carefully predrill hole and you can find out how thick the area is and the approximate materials. it is made of.

No real need to go much thicker than the materials your going through. You may also find other types of screw mounts could be better than a lag bolt.

What I did was press on the wall, because it is so thin, in the bedroom and was able to feel a vertical stud, then added a 5" X 6" plywood plate to provide a bit more meat. The stud behind the wall is maybe 1 1/2" wide.

Gary521

The factory added tv supports are both metal and wood depending if its an inside wall or an outside wall.

jbeletti

zburns - Ryan Brady, the GM for the Pioneer brand asked me to post the attached PDFs. They do put backer in the wall for the TV. I'm hoping by studying the attachments, you can figure out where.

Attachments

• ATC-11661D.pdf
    34 KB · Views: 103
  • ATC-12315C.pdf
    88.8 KB · Views: 61
  • ATC-12316E.pdf
    91.5 KB · Views: 43

zburns

Thanks all for the insight.

Jim - Tell Ryan thank you....very helpful.

The wife wanted me to add a towel rack in the bathroom (instead of hanging wet towels over the shower curtain rod). I'm also assuming the same stud and decor board.....at least that's what it felt like.

Is there a "Heartland" preferred method of hanging something like that? :confused:

Anybody else? Use something like those "mushrooming" drywall screws to "sandwich" the wall and give it a little more weight disbursement to the item being hung? Just trying to think of options.

(I always hate taking a brand new item and drilling holes in it and making modifications - once the hole is made - no going back.).:eek:

Again thanks all for the help.

Zack

Dudeman

Hello everyone. Brand new to the forum and just bought our first travel trailer. We got a Prowler Lynx 30LX and I was wondering the same thing about mounting the TV on the wall between the kitchen and master bedroom. There’s definitely a space where the tv is supposed to be mounted. I’m just nervous about how much support is in this wall. I assume it’s built to mount the tv to it. Has anyone had any issues mounting their tv’s I. This “tv cabinet space?” Also what mounts did you go with. It seems like a 32” is the right size for the space. Thanks in advance.