Two issues found and fixed today

TimnJo

I noticed a small bulge below the lower fridge vent yesterday so took the vent cover and surround off to find delamination across about three inches and extending down to the bottom metal valence.

The condensation drain tube was tucked away inside, pretty sure that's where the water came from, lesson learned.

After doing some research I decided to use Gorilla Glue as there was still moisture, I slid an awl down to create a channel for the glue to follow and squirted a generous amount down the gap.

I then used a cargo jack between the house and a piece of board to press it in place.DSCN3038.jpg Today, after replacing and recaulking the vent you can barley notice it; just a slight bulge but firm with no give.DSCN3039.jpg

Also, having read on here about the 'floor' of the slides and water penetration, I noticed some swelling on both the DS and ODS slides so caulked all them up, DSCN3040.jpghoping to forestall any major damage, kind of sloppy looking but better than having to replace the floor!

Now sipping a cold one and feeling self satisfied!

Tim

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
HL has a kit to extend the lower moldings on the slide bottoms to shed water away from the floor. You can use any kind of thin angled molding to do this. Some screws need to be removed with the slides closed.

marvmarcy

I'm doing things backwards - sipping a cold one and thinking of the things I need to do - tomorrow. You're wise to stay ahead of problems!