Two Rivers Campground, Nashville, TN

JanAndBill

Stopped off here on our way home, for an overnight. I was sort of suprised considering the ratings given by Good Sam. There were no pull through sites with 50 amp service, and very few back ins with 50 amp. The interior roads were tight and narrow. The sites were gravel and not level. The site they sent us to was really small, and really unlevel. When I asked if I could have the site empty site next to it, they told me it was reserved for someone staying longer?? After some argument they finally told me to come up to another site, which was better, but still tight, and required blocking under the tires. Other than that the cable channels were limited, but the wifi was good. The noise from the highway was pretty loud, and there was a truck shop of some kind next to the campground that made a lot of noise all night. All in all they seemed grossly overpriced for what they offered. I realize that you pay for the convience of the proximity to the city, and the availability of campgrounds is limited, but if I'm travelling through again, I'll bypass this area and stay further out.

jbeletti

Jan and Bill,

Sorry to hear you have an unpleasant stay at Two Rivers. I've stayed there several times and found it "acceptable" - not awesome. I have stayed in 50 amp pull-through and back-in sites. The sites are not exceptionally large. They get busy this time of year. I think there's a sizable Canadian group that winters there.

The truck noise you heard was the Grayline tour bus yard that is between you and Camping World.

If that part of Nashville works for you but you want a bigger, quieter site, try the Jellystone next door. Huge and really deep. If you can get a spot all the way near the back of their property - you may have a better experience.

JanAndBill

Jan and Bill,

Sorry to hear you have an unpleasant stay at Two Rivers. I've stayed there several times and found it "acceptable" - not awesome. I have stayed in 50 amp pull-through and back-in sites. The sites are not exceptionally large. They get busy this time of year. I think there's a sizable Canadian group that winters there.

The truck noise you heard was the Grayline tour bus yard that is between you and Camping World.

If that part of Nashville works for you but you want a bigger, quieter site, try the Jellystone next door. Huge and really deep. If you can get a spot all the way near the back of their property - you may have a better experience.

I think it was a case of expecting more based on the ratings and the price. We've stayed at parks a whole lot nicer and cheaper than this one. Wouldn't advise Jellystone, right now they have their Christmas light show up, it was bumper to bumper cars through the park.

MCTalley

Timely review. We will be in Nashville next week for work and were contemplating Two Rivers based on another person's recommendation. We were in the KOA around the corner for two weeks before Thanksgiving and with half of their big sites closed due to construction, we ended up in a pull-through site that was barely longer than our trailer. They apologized and told us to feel free to park on the grass next to it. By the time we were leaving, the dually and the ground below it was a muddy mess.

Knowing traffic patterns a little better now, I might look further east a bit or north of town. That particular area is convenient, though pricy, since when I work in Nashville it is downtown, so commute time plays into it as well.

JanAndBill

Malcom I was suprised at the lack of quality campgrounds with the Nashville area. Was the road noise really bad at the KOA also?

MCTalley

Road noise wasn't bad for us, but we were about the furthest away from the road that you can get.

Looking at Nashville Country RV Park, north in Goodlettsville, for this trip. Since I have to rent a car while there (can drive the dually, but it is tight parking downtown), I found that the KOA weekly rate is more than the combination of a rental car and a week at Nashville Country. The commute isn't much longer, either.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Road noise wasn't bad for us, but we were about the furthest away from the road that you can get.

Looking at Nashville Country RV Park, north in Goodlettsville, for this trip. Since I have to rent a car while there (can drive the dually, but it is tight parking downtown), I found that the KOA weekly rate is more than the combination of a rental car and a week at Nashville Country. The commute isn't much longer, either.
actually Malcolm and Val, we stay at two rivers every year, but have stayed at nashville country and the spots in Nashville country are really tight and the commute is a lot further and the traffic on I--65 to Briley is horrendous. We found the difference in price was not worth it and the people at two rivers are really nice.
Linda West

jbeletti

Jan and Bill,

I believe the reason these 3 parks (Jellystone, Two Rivers and KOA) are higher in cost is due to their proximity to Opryland. In my mind, that's a key reason to stay there. If one was just passing through and needed a place to rest for 1 night, yeah, this would be costly.

jjwink

If you are here April-October try the COE park Cages Bend north of Nashville on Old Hickory Lake. Great paved sites with W&E, dump station.

kowAlski631

We've stayed at Nashville Country & found it good. The site we had wasn't all that tight (been in tighter sites) & had good access to the city. Traffic is typical city traffic & not as bad as many cities we've been through.

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

TXSWICK

We have stayed at Nashville Country and were Very Pleased! Folks were great as well as all the amenities. We will stay there anytime we are going thru Nashville to Indy.