Under belly heating

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
If it is anything like our Big Country there should be a small heat duct from the furnace directed at the storage basement. As far as the tanks etc, I think it is heat from the furnace that is being described. Someone please correct me if this is wrong!

Last edited:

branson4020

Icantre Member
Not radiant, not electric, just a small heater duct. When the furnace is running a small amount of warm air is forced into the underbelly.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As stated above...its activated when the heater is on thru a duct from the heater plenum.

Cyclone Traveler

We travel cross-country for Christmas each year and have stayed below 0 degree Fahrenheit, however around 4-6 degrees the freshwater line to the tank froze. We have since installed heaters on the tank and line, along with insulation on all lines behind the convenience center. With this configuration we now travel without the furnace, which would sort of blows warm air in the under belly, without any issues well below 0 degrees.

Previous post on tank heaters installation.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/20316-2010-Cyclone-Prepped-for-Winter?highlight=

Grdsman

We travel cross-country for Christmas each year and have stayed below 0 degree Fahrenheit, however around 4-6 degrees the freshwater line to the tank froze. We have since installed heaters on the tank and line, along with insulation on all lines behind the convenience center. With this configuration we now travel without the furnace, which would sort of blows warm air in the under belly, without any issues well below 0 degrees.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/20316-2010-Cyclone-Prepped-for-Winter?highlight=

I also have a 3210 and am taking mine hunting in a week. It looks like the temps should be around 25 at night. I plan on using the heater to keep the camper at about 40 degrees at night. Do you think I'll have a problem with freezing? I winterized it to be on the safe side, but I'll de-winterize if you think it will be ok. This is my first winter with it. My wife would REALLY like to have a shower while we're there.

Cyclone Traveler

Prior to the tank heaters we never had any issues at 25 with the furnace running as we camp year round. The under belly is significantly cooler then the camper so you may want to turn the heat up a bit in the camper and my wife wants it warmer when she with me. LOL

Sandpirate69

If it isn't too much to ask, could you tell me what type of insulation you used on your water lines? Also, while you are traveling how do you keep the belly warm?

Thanks,
Ivan

Cyclone Traveler

If it isn't too much to ask, could you tell me what type of insulation you used on your water lines? Also, while you are traveling how do you keep the belly warm?

Thanks,
Ivan

Not at all. I used the foam self-sealing pipe wrap insulation to include 90 degree and T's from Home Depot for lines behind the convenience center. In the under belly I installed two UltraHeat AM-PH-513 Pipe Heaters which covers the entire freshwater line within the belly and 1 M1200 and 1 M2400 on the tank for 75 gallons of freshwater. Unless it really cold, single digits or teens, I use only the tank/line heaters while driving since we stop periodically for meals and such. At these stops I turn on the heater for our comfort and it holds for several hours with in the camper while driving. If it really cold I will will run the furnace, while driving, on 40 to keep the inside pipes from freezing, but with the tank heaters I don't have to crank the temperature up, like in the past, to keep up with air flowing into the belly while driving. It's not really a sealed under belly, however I have taped any gaps to help!

Hope this helps.
Jason

Sandpirate69

Not at all. I used the foam self-sealing pipe wrap insulation to include 90 degree and T's from Home Depot for lines behind the convenience center. In the under belly I installed two UltraHeat AM-PH-513 Pipe Heaters which covers the entire freshwater line within the belly and 1 M1200 and 1 M2400 on the tank for 75 gallons of freshwater. Unless it really cold, single digits or teens, I use only the tank/line heaters while driving since we stop periodically for meals and such. At these stops I turn on the heater for our comfort and it holds for several hours with in the camper while driving. If it really cold I will will run the furnace, while driving, on 40 to keep the inside pipes from freezing, but with the tank heaters I don't have to crank the temperature up, like in the past, to keep up with air flowing into the belly while driving. It's not really a sealed under belly, however I have taped any gaps to help!

Hope this helps.
Jason

Where can I locate the pipe & tank heaters you listed? Getting ready for a hunting trip up north. I don't want to end up using my ground blind heaters to try & defrost my water lines.

Thanks,
Ivan

Cyclone Traveler

Where can I locate the pipe & tank heaters you listed? Getting ready for a hunting trip up north. I don't want to end up using my ground blind heaters to try & defrost my water lines.

Thanks,
Ivan

I ordered them from http://www.ultraheat.com/index.html I went with the 12 volt system so I could use will on the road and they have sizing chart depending on liquid capacity.

Pictures of our installation:

Jason