Under pinning cover

Securityman

Can someone look under their cyclone and let me know if there are bolts with fender washers going across the middle steal beams holding up the black plastic chloroplast , I think that's what it's called . I have them all around the outside of it , but none in the middle of the camper , and it seems like it sags a few ins into the middle . Is the insulation just laying on this plastic? I would really like to secure it up tighter in the middle , afraid one day it's going to come down going down a highway . Thanks

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mine does not have any fasteners crossing under from side to side. I agree there is a slight bulge near the center of the coroplast.

We have probably towed our rig almost 40K miles without any problem due to the sag. Self tapping hex screws with fender washers could easily be added to the cross members to pull it up. Trace

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just make sure there isn't any plumbing or wiring running through the crossmembers. They're webbed trusses, not solid beams, and stuff passes through them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Securityman

Yea , that's why I was holding off , because you can't see what's hiding up there behind the beams !!! Hey AJ what hiding up there , we got any pics before the coroplast goes on the bottom ?? I am so lucky that if I tried it I would hit every water pipe gas line and electrical line !!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yea , that's why I was holding off , because you can't see what's hiding up there behind the beams !!! Hey AJ what hiding up there , we got any pics before the coroplast goes on the bottom ?? I am so lucky that if I tried it I would hit every water pipe gas line and electrical line !!

The coroplast goes on near the beginning. Then everything is added on top.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...age=1439822177&fr2=p:s,v:v&fr=&fr=iphone&tt=b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk