Under Step Storage

imchud

Thanks for the kind words! Is that your pooch in the picture? We have a 6 year old Yellow Lab who looks a lot like your picture.

A couple of things about the upgrade. I didn't mention all of the steps such as finding the right wood for the job, matching the stain and finish to the rest of the rig and taking the time to finish the wood. This project took about 14 days from start to finish, including measuring, drawing a plan, planing, sanding, staining and Varathaning. For that reason I prefabbed the steps out side of the rig and only removed the old steps when the new ones were ready to install. The longest time was sanding and finishing. The stain has to set for a minimum of 24 hours or it will contaminate the Varathane and change the color . I let each coat (5 in all) set for 24 hours and then lightly sanded it before applying the next coat. I believe that the extra time spent in finishing gives a much better result. If you have any questions, feel free to E-mail me.

Wow..... That is Gorgeous, I figure if i leave Ohio in the morning and drive straight through I could make BC in a few days... Then my DW and I could enjoy your country for the 14 days it will take you to redo our steps and hallway.... I might even buy you a couple of beers, but not until the job is complete. You know, I don't want you drinking on the job:D.... Works for me, what do you think...;)

Tommy

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Over the years, I have had almost every breed of doG. Sasha was our first Lab and he is my best friend. I would not ever have another breed. Labs are the best!

I have to agree...they are the BEST! We loved our beautiful Brandi so much, we couldn't bear to have another...figured we'd always be comparing. We ended up with Katie, a Llewellyn Setter...same sweet disposition and personality in a completely different breed....:)

Attachments

• untitled6.jpg
    untitled6.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 40
  • ~ME0C21.jpg
    ~ME0C21.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 37
  • ~ME1741_1.JPG
    ~ME1741_1.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_0044.jpg
    100_0044.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_1132.jpg
    100_1132.jpg
    563.4 KB · Views: 37

JJnLilly

Looking at doing something similar in our new Greystone 32RL, but our steps to the hallway are at an angle and sort of curved. Still studying how to make it work out, but as the steps arenot equally spaced or equal in size.