Underbelly repairs

Pulltab

What about eternabond, it sticks to about anything?

3M makes what they call a super bond tape for plastics. I covered the bottom of my Fleetwood with coloplast sheets and used this tape and it pretty much destroys the plastic trying to get it off. Looks like regular packing tape and is very thin and transparent but EXTREMEMLY TOUGH! I bought mine from McMaster Carr off line. Part # 76065a69 cost $22 for a 2" wide roll. www.mcmaster.com

Last edited:

tdharley

Chopper

That is the exact stuff I bought because it was recommended here. I clean with denatured alcohol before applying and waited for it to dry. It fell off.

Did the same thing with the Nashau, that I found in the duct work section of Home Dpot. No good?????

Pulltab

I don't know what happened Bill, but I covered the entire bottom of my old rv with 4x8' sheets of coloplast and had to seal each seam with the 3m tape and it never did come loose. Funny how sometimes things never work like they should. When I used the tape is was on brand new plastic so maybe that is why it worked so well. Did you try the eternabond tape?

tdharley

I am going to use the liquid seam sealer they use on the roofs.

I will be in Lake George next week and will stop at Camping world and pick it up.