Unhappy camper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheryl

Maybe the guy you spoke with did have a bad attitude, however, not all of us with problems not fixed are like that. Nelson was very patient (I think a little too patient) with them. He called about the problem, was promised a call back when they found somebody to fix it. Waited months for the call, didn't receive it, so had to call back again. Repeat process, over and over again until now it is out of warranty........Never once did he get irate or threaten them with lawyers or any other attitudes.
Our problem is pretty major and expensive to fix.

Triber

Attitude

I agree with you that if you approach warranty issues with "a chip on your shoulder" you will not get far. I have had good dealings witth the BH dealers I have been in contact with. When I said I wasn't impressed with my contacts with Heartland, it wasn't so much that they didn't want to help but it seemed to me to be more of a case of the right hand not knowing what the left one was doing. I would be referred from one to another department and kept on hold for ages. In a lot of cases, when I explained my problem, the person handling the call did not have a clue what I was talking about or who to transfer me to.

I believe their intentions are good but their logistics do leave something to be desired at times.

rckc228

I have had wonderful support from both my dealership and Heartland. But friends of ours that bought a Bighorn 3670RL 2009 have had nothing but problems. Almost all the cabinet doors separated the bedroom floor lifted up several inches,so much that the slide would not even go in.
After having the Dealership fix the problems and inspection the dealership only reattached the flooring but it still moves the cabinet door were re nailed and look terrible split and cracked at the repair. When they informed the service department that they were not satisfied with the repair they were yelled at and told to stop nit picking every little problem. At which time he informed them that his was done with them. He contacted Heartland and they were wonderful had the unit pick up by another authorized dealership to be repaired properly.

Last edited:
We are in an RV park in New Caney. 3 Big Horns,(including mine) I haven't contact the owners of one of them, as yet. 1 Cyclone, (parked in a storage area) and a Land Mark with a very unhappy owner. I stopped to say "Howdy" and got an ear full of things wrong with the Landmark, Cape Cod. They were very unhapy with the dealer and Hartland factory people.
I told then about the rally in April and they said they might go.

This should tell you to be careful when you ask people how they like their 5th wheel. If you didn't want how we felt then you shouldn't have asked. Be ready for the bad as well as the good. We are nice folks but just thought we got a raw deal. Love our Grand Canyon just not the problems.

jbeletti

This should tell you to be careful when you ask people how they like their 5th wheel. If you didn't want how we felt then you shouldn't have asked. Be ready for the bad as well as the good. We are nice folks but just thought we got a raw deal. Love our Grand Canyon just not the problems.

In my experience at many, many campgrounds, rallies and RV shows, I find it's impossible to know in advance, a person's experience with their 5th wheel - and therefore, it's difficult to be careful. Kudos to all who take the risk to reach out to all Heartland product owners and when needed, be a good listener/sounding board. :)

Jim

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
OK, now....lets get back to a couple of things brought out here. Dealers can be good or bad...so far I can't complain about mine (knock on wood). So far the Heartland factory and the warranty process has been great (again with the wood).

What about the screws/nails coming up under the flooring? I have the bumps showing already (1 trip) and Heartland is going to make good on replacing the floor. The questions are: How common is this problem? What is causing this problem? How can it be prevented from occuring again?

Should I start a new thread?

Thanks,

FJ

rckc228

It does appear that several people have experienced trouble with screws and nails coming up. I don't known if it stated with the new flooring system as of 2009. I never had a problem with my 2008 Bighorn 3670.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We bought our 08 Big Country in Feb 07 and it had 2 areas in the kitchen where the screws are not flush with the floor, with one having already broken thru the vinyl floor before we even took delivery. The dealership forgot (or misplaces the worksheet) to have it repaired when we brought it in for the 3 month checkup, but promises to have it fix/replaced eventho it's out of warranty. We have talked with him within the past 6 weeks about something else and reminded him of the floor problem. He says it was notated on the punchout list when the trailer was picked up therefore he will honor it no matter when we get it in. Hopefully he's true to his word but that is one kind of dealership that seems to be very much interested in the products that he sell. This is the second Heartland that we have bought from him, the 1st being a Sundance and now this BC.

tmcran

Well I'm not new to Rving but am new to Heartland. Got a new Sundance 2998RB on 2-7-09. I have posted re: the problems we have. It's been at the dealers a week tomorrow re: a leaking shower. I have repaired a number of lose items, doors not staying shut ,trim pieces falling down and door trim coming apart. Several others problems that I have posted on so I wont go there. Now I see problems with the floor due to screws and nails. I'd like to know where to look for these things so that I might head off some more problems. We were planning to be on the road last week and be enjoying our new RV; but here we set. Have not had it a month.

jbeletti

Should I start a new thread?

FJ,

You may start a new thread if you wish. Best to start it in a more relevant sub-forum however as the general sub-forum is, well, general and this thread was started by someone else about their unit.

Consider starting a new thread in the Cyclone Interior sub-forum about your floor in order to hold a discussion about it with others. It be more relevant there and be found by people looking for that sort of issue versus this thread which has become a bit "potluck".

Thanks,

Jim

PS: At your request, any moderator can move your post to it's own thread in Cyclone Interior :)

Status
Not open for further replies.