Unidentified Switches

Ahayward

We purchased a used 2015 Road Warrior RW410 Toy Hauler. There appear to be 2 aftermarket switches installed. The dealer did not know what they were for. Nor do we. Was just wondering if anyone here had any ideas. Both switches look to be wired to 12 gauge wire. Top switch is a normal switch. Bottom switch is a 3 position switch. Middle is off, top and bottom are on. I have attached a picture. Thanks in advance.

danemayer

Hello Ahayward,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Road Warrior and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

New forum members can't post pictures until you've made a few posts, so your picture didn't make it.

If you have 3 air conditioners, the 3-way switch may be to determine which 2 of the 3 can be run at the same time.

Ahayward

Both of these switches are located directly under the control panel. The 3 water switch would make since for the 3 actually units. The other switch is a red switch. I have read posts saying anything from hot water heater to holding tank heaters. We have two hot water heater switches. One for propane, one for electric. We also have a yeti package switch which would be for the heated tanks right?

danemayer

On some models, the switch labeled "Yeti" controls both heat tape and tank heaters. On others, it controls only the heat tape, and a separate switch, usually a lighted wall type switch, controls the tank heaters. On a few builds, there is one switch that controls only the tank heaters and the heat tape is thermostatically controlled without a switch.

Water heater electric switches also vary. Sometimes they're a lighted wall type switch and sometimes they are rocker switches. Sometimes labeled; sometimes not. Depends on model and year.

hrntfxr

The 3 position switch is for your a/c's. depending which position it's in it will activate the start control on 2 of the 3. I had mine rewired to the position it's in to represent that a/c being off. i.e. up has the bedroom off and the living room and garage off, middle has the living room off and the bedroom and garage on, etc. as for the other one, i also had an on demand hot water heater installed and it could be for the 12v switch, also a smart electrical would have/should used the existing one.