Upgraded Tires

Fonz46

I have a 2014 3570RS Bighorn that has Maxxis 235-80-16 tires that need replacing. I'm interested in replacing them with Sailun S637 235-85-16 and want to know if there will be any clearance issues due to the larger size. I have 110 lb rated wheels, so it should be a simple upgrade. Has anyone had any problems with the Sailun's?

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I have a 2014 3570RS Bighorn that has Maxxis 235-80-16 tires that need replacing. I'm interested in replacing them with Sailun S637 235-85-16 and want to know if there will be any clearance issues due to the larger size. I have 110 lb rated wheels, so it should be a simple upgrade. Has anyone had any problems with the Sailun's?

Should be no problem. My new Big Horn came with them. Nice ride.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

You'll likely be fine if the wheels are rated for the higher pressure. Why do your tires need replacing, if I might ask?

Fonz46

The maxxis tires have served me well. They have about 15,000 miles and still have some tread left. We are planning another long trip this summer and want to start the trip with new tires and brakes. Seems to make sense to upgrade to the higher rated Sailuns for not much more money.

Titanguy

I have been selling the Sailun for several years, monitor many of the RV forums and there is still no negative comments that I have found.
There are no fitment issues because of dimensions. Just need to make sure you have a wheel rated for 110 psi. The rating is cast into the back side of the wheel.

Bones

I just recently upgraded my tires. Al 5 of them. Here is what they look like on the trailer. I don't think you will have any issues with them.
0412161528.jpg

Gtoli

I recently upgraded from no name 235-80-16 to Sailun S637 235-85-16 with no issues.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have been selling the Sailun for several years, monitor many of the RV forums and there is still no negative comments that I have found.

OK . . . here is one negative comment . . .

Sailun doesn't make a trailer tire for those of us with 15" wheels! :angel:

Too bad one of the good tire companies doesn't make a 15" heavy duty tire like the Sailun's or Goodyear's.

Larry1

I have a 2010 Bighorn 3055RL Max gvrw of 14000. I am at about 12,800 pounds. I just upgraded my tire's to Sailun ST235/80R16 G (14 ply) tires. I am trying to find out what psi I should set the tires to. They are 110psi max tires. I talked to Heartland and they said it was a tire manufacture issue. The tire distributor doesn't have any charts for G rated tire's. I was wondering if anyone else is using Sailun 14 ply tires on the 3055 trailer and what psi are you running. Right now I have set the pressure at 95psi.

danemayer

I have a 2010 Bighorn 3055RL Max gvrw of 14000. I am at about 12,800 pounds. I just upgraded my tire's to Sailun ST235/80R16 G (14 ply) tires. I am trying to find out what psi I should set the tires to. They are 110psi max tires. I talked to Heartland and they said it was a tire manufacture issue. The tire distributor doesn't have any charts for G rated tire's. I was wondering if anyone else is using Sailun 14 ply tires on the 3055 trailer and what psi are you running. Right now I have set the pressure at 95psi.

Hi Larry1,

You might use the Goodyear G614 inflation table. I'd suggest starting with 80% of your GVWR, assuming that 20% is on the hitch. Divide by 4 to get the load on each wheel. Add around 25% for a safety margin.

That's about 2800 on each wheel. A 25% margin would take you to 3500 lbs, or according to the table, you'd want to be closer to 100 psi.

Attachments

• Goodyear G614 inflation table.pdf
    199.5 KB · Views: 31

Bones

Mine are running at 110 psi

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

I ran our first set of Sailun tires at 110 PSI per advice from the dealer (and others) and had bad wear patterns. When I replaced them (with another set of Sailun's) I asked if they could check the alignment/axles for me. They informed me I was running them at to high a PSI for the weight. I've been running this set at 90-95 cold and so far I'm happy with the wear.

NHCelt

Curious about the brakes...I have put way more mileage on SOB fifth wheels without brake replacement. Are you sure they have that much wear?

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

I had a set installed a couple of months ago. They asked me a bunch of questions about our trailer, did some work on their computer and said that 105 psi was where I needed to run ours.