Upgraded Tires

mlpeloquin

I installed Good Year G614's. If the max load rating for the Sailun tires are the same, the load chart should be close enough to go by. Weight the trailer and add 5 psi over what the load chart states. I needed 90 psi fully loaded according to the weight chart. I added ten pounds to that so I would not have to adjust the pressure for temperature variations crossing country. Cool high altitude and hot deserts. Over inflation will cause your trailer to bounce and put a lot of stress on your suspension. As long as you are no more that 10 psi over the minimum required pressure for a fully loaded trailer, you should be fine.

NHCelt

For max carrying capacity, they should be aired to the pressure indicated on the sidewall. The benefit to upgrading tires is added capacity and safety margins, so why would you want them at anything other than max

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

danemayer

For max carrying capacity, they should be aired to the pressure indicated on the sidewall. The benefit to upgrading tires is added capacity and safety margins, so why would you want them at anything other than max

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Over inflating tires relative to load can result in abnormal wear. In many cases, our trailers are close enough to the capacity of the tire that setting to max makes sense. But when you're significantly lower weight than the tire capacity, it may make sense to not go for max.

Tire Overinflation.jpg