Very close to ordering the 4100 King ....Help

RobP

Well, the wife and I went and looked again for the 4th time and have decided on the 4100.
We went to look at it and the new 415 ts raptor but we just thought the 4100 out did it in a few areas. No offense to the raptor owners out there......nice rigs just not for us.

So.... Our new rig will be a 2014.5 when we order next week. Going with the HD edition, artic package,dual pane windows, heat strip in the liv rm AC unit, 7000 LB axles, 3rd AC, and TV mounts in bedroom and garage. Am I missing anything?? We are looking to start our full- time adventure in late April or early May and I want to make sure we have what we need/want.

Im sure we can't post prices of what these things cost but if anyone would like to pm me I would really like to know what others have paid and will be glad to tell you what we're paying. Just trying to make sure we are getting a fair deal. :cool:

Oh and we will be towing with a 2012 Ford F350 DRW. ;)

Thanks!

Rob and Michelle

alex00

I just ordered a 2014 4000. I didn't see the 6pt level up, ramp patio and rear awning, or 12 cu ft fridge on your list of options. I wouldn't be without those options. Depending on how you like the color, the HD package will add a grey exterior (they stopped adding the vessel sinks for the 2014.5s).

Keep us posted on your progress, and don't forget to post pictures when it gets here.

RobP

Yea all that as well. Yes we noticed the sinks weren't the same as the last time we looked, liked the vessels better. We thought the HD package gave it some POP!!

Thanks for the input! Will try to get some pics up when it gets here!!

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
G (or H) rated tires are a must...... Maybe disc brakes on the heavy axles?

chiefneon

Howdy!

We've been fulltiming for seven years and recently ordered our second fulltime unit. We are waiting on delivery of our new Cyclone 4000. We did order it with artic package, three AC's, upgarde axles and Goodyear G614 tires, six point leveling system. The one thing we wanted this time was "Full Body Paint" we are done fading and peeling graphics.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

scottyb

You will love the 4100. There are a few pros and cons between it and the 4000, now that they both off king beds. 30% off MSRP is a pretty standard rule of thumb. If you can get more even better. Shop the online wholesalers and take that information to the table with you.

RobP

Scottyb, Yea we were looking at the 4000 as well but the DW wanted the second bathroom as we will have a lot of family coming to visit when we are fulltimers. We are just a bit more than the 30% so I think we are making a fair deal.
I see chiefneon posted about upgrading the tires is that something everyone is doing?
Thanks for the info everybody!

scottyb

There are many threads about the Towmax tires that come standard. I read many reports of failures before taking delivery of my rig and went straight to Discount Tire and never hit the road with them. I would weigh the price of the upgrade vs having them installed yourself. Either way I would get them upgraded. At least if you have it done yourself, the rig will be towed with the junk tires to your dealer, then you will have fresh tires from the start. I made an appointment with DT, and I was in and out in 45 min with new tires and certificates.

Scottyb, Yea we were looking at the 4000 as well but the DW wanted the second bathroom as we will have a lot of family coming to visit when we are fulltimers. We are just a bit more than the 30% so I think we are making a fair deal.
I see chiefneon posted about upgrading the tires is that something everyone is doing?
Thanks for the info everybody!

We upgraded to the Goodyear G614's too. You can request the order change before delivery. It'll cost you less to do it at factory than aftermarket.