very low pressure on kitchen sink

Macy

We have had low pressure for a few weeks now and can't figure out why. Bathroom has good pressure. I have cleaned the screens and nothing. Even took the sprayer off and still get a trickle out of the flex hose. Any help with this is most appreciated.

Jeff
2012 -cyclone 4014

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
About the only thing I can think of is to look under the sink for a kinked line.
Have you had good pressure in the past?

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jeff, my thoughts are some debris may be blocking flow in the fixtures insides. You may have to disassemble the fixture. I don't know which fixture your rig has but my OEM fixture was a real pain to take apart.
Once I got into the guts of the thing I found a rubber flow reducer that was clogged. I cut the reducer so that I was still able to keep it in place as designed but to eliminate it's capacity to reduce flow.
After 5 years, I finally replaced it because it was starting to look bad and had some corrosion. Replaced with residential quality.
Pictures attached show the rubber piece and where it's located in my old fixture. By the way, no manual or instructions were included for the OEM fixture.

Attachments

• 100_0472..JPG
    100_0472..JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 100_0473..JPG
    100_0473..JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 73

gasman

Camp Socializer
Check the other end of the flex hose. I had a similar problem. I disassembled the entire fixture before I noticed the restrictor in the end of the flex hose. I removed it and we have good pressure and flow in the kitchen now.