Very Low Water Pressure . . .

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are out on our maiden voyage with our new 2015 Heartland Prowler P292, and we have real low water pressure while hooked up to the campground water.

I checked at the spicket and there is enough pressure to blow a tree down . . . but just a trickle in the trailer.

I even took the regulator off and tried it . . . and still just a trickle.

I've checked for leaks in and under the trailer . . . but have found none.

Any ideas?

avvidclif

Do you have UDC with the Anderson Control valve? If so make sure it's set to City. Normal is on-board tank.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
A similar thing happened to us not long ago. We checked everything we could think of but could find nothing wrong. Finally we checked with the campground office and found they were having an issue with the wellpump. So it was not our RV at all. Moral - Check with the campground office first.

MTPockets

Do you have UDC with the Anderson Control valve? If so make sure it's set to City. Normal is on-board tank.
This would be my first check... I recall our first night out having the same situation. Rotate the selector valve 180 degrees.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
We are out on our maiden voyage with our new 2015 Heartland Prowler P292, and we have real low water pressure while hooked up to the campground water.

I checked at the spicket and there is enough pressure to blow a tree down . . . but just a trickle in the trailer.

Any ideas?

On our maiden voyage we had the same issue. Turned out going into the regulator is a washer with a dome screen (screen is in a dome shape). The dome was crushed so instead of a screen it turned into blockage. Replaced the washer and everything was fine. When screwing on the water hose I now check to make sure I am not crushing the screen again.

danemayer

John,

If I remember correctly, you took a couple of showers in the new rig while next to your house. If that's right, this is new.

Disconnect the water hose from the trailer and make sure water's getting out the end of the hose with good flow.

Reconnect and try the outside shower. That's the closest thing to the water inlet. If there's poor water flow there, I agree with the others that it's probably the filter/check valve at the water inlet.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
High water pressure does not mean a lot of volume/flow. I'm sure you tried it without your pressure regulator....right?

gasman

Camp Socializer
John, many of the faucets in RVs have flow restrictors in them. If you are the victim of one of these, you will only get a trickle regardless of pressure.

JohnD

Thanks for all of the ideas!

We don't have an Anderson Control Valve . . . just the standard water hookup.

And I've tried everything else mentioned.

I checked the screens in both the regulator and the city water inlet on the on the trailer . . . both are like new.

And I can't find any water leaks anywhere.

This morning when I took a shower, I ran the pump while I was showering and left the city water hooked up, and pressure was better . . . but still not what it should be.

I'm wondering if I need to locate the water pump and make sure all of the valves are in the correct position.

Or maybe an air leak somewhere.

JohnD

John, many of the faucets in RVs have flow restrictors in them. If you are the victim of one of these, you will only get a trickle regardless of pressure.

Maybe that is all it is . . . and of course they probably can't be taken out, either.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe that is all it is . . . and of course they probably can't be taken out, either.

Actually, in many cases they can. If you disassemble the faucet aerator, you may find a plastic disc with a small hole or holes in it. Remove it.

blockage

We had a problem on our first rig. The water flowed perfectly until I flipped the water selector switch. The installers didn't clear the plastic residue out of the pipes. When you cut pipe there are shavings left behind. I thought I had a major problem but I took apart all off my fixtures and cleared the blockages. Water flow was perfect afterward. You may need to trace the plumbing to see if the blockage is just in one spot or not.

etcmss

Re: blockage

1. campground faucet flow is good?
2. flow out of your hose when attached to campground faucet is good?
3. using a regulator? try flow thru hose with and without regulator. is it a high flow capable unit? I found this was a problem with the regulator I was using---poor flow capability.
4. Using a filter and it does provide good flow (before connecting to trailer)?
5. Now connect to trailer and City water. Now how is the flow?
given these u may be able to isolate to trailer (and do what others above suggest-which may include flush UDC hose connection.
Is it all faucets?

Gary
Good luck, it is annoying to have these when not at home.

Hansel

Any ideas?

I am too curious because we just took out our Prowler P289 and the shower pressure was poor too say the least. One thing also is that the "red" and "blue" lines under the unit are backwards, the "blue" was the hot water and the "red" was just normal temp water. Unless that's the way they are suppose too be I'd think "red" meant HOT, I will mess around with my camper after I get it back from having slide out toppers installed.

teasac69

John,

If I remember correctly, you took a couple of showers in the new rig while next to your house. If that's right, this is new.

Disconnect the water hose from the trailer and make sure water's getting out the end of the hose with good flow.

Reconnect and try the outside shower. That's the closest thing to the water inlet. If there's poor water flow there, I agree with the others that it's probably the filter/check valve at the water inlet.

I have tried to drill out the restricted size hole in the shower control and no help. My UDC shower is also very low pressure. I have 60 pounds on the inbound water pressure gauge and good flow at the kitchen sink??? what the heck? my shower is like a trickle. The only thing about my beautiful BH I don't like.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have tried to drill out the restricted size hole in the shower control and no help. My UDC shower is also very low pressure. I have 60 pounds on the inbound water pressure gauge and good flow at the kitchen sink??? what the heck? my shower is like a trickle. The only thing about my beautiful BH I don't like.

If you get a good flow with the shower head off then the shower head may be stopped up with debris. If not then check the access hole behind the shower to see if the hose connecting to the shower is kinked.