Walk through

RichnVinny

We're doing our walk through on this upcoming Monday at LA Mesa is there anything we need to make sure they show us?? It's a 2015 Landmark Newport

danemayer

You'll want them to show you everything. How each A/C unit works. The TV including satellite, cable, and antenna selections and cabling to all locations. Try out the sound system. Locate the refrigerator's ice maker water line cutoff valve. Understand how to use the winterization controls. Have them remove the basement storage panel so you know how to get to the water pump. Demonstrate EVERY switch, including any that are not labeled.

Have someone else video the walkthrough so you can watch it later.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We're doing our walk through on this upcoming Monday at LA Mesa is there anything we need to make sure they show us?? It's a 2015 Landmark Newport

Congrats to you RichnVinny on your new 2015 Newport. We have our PDI walk-through on our new 2015 Newport next Wednesday at Tampa Camping World. I know we'll both enjoy these new rigs.

donr827

Anything that needs fixing should be done before giving them the check. Things will get done quickly that way.
Don

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Congratulations to you on your Newport and if you are still in florida in March come on over to our rally in Sorrento,Fl at Wekiva Falls 3/20-3/22 and I bet there will
be lots of folks there who can answer your questions. Besides that we have lots of fun.
Linda West

Brazos

RichnVinny,
Congratulations on the new Landmark. Beautiful rigs. DocFather gave you a link to one of many PDI check lists floating around out there. It is good advice to use a PDI check list. We recently took delivery of a new Bighorn from LaMesa RV. The walk through person that walks you through the rig will probably schedule an hour to one and half hours for you. This time is certainly not enough time to PDI the rig on your part. They will cover the operation of things and allow you to ask questions. The dealer does not do a PDI as you might think they would perform. They probably will try to get you to the finance/paperwork people as soon as they are done with you.
DO Not let them rush you to the paperwork without you doing your PDI on your own without them around. You can take as long as you like without signing all those papers they shove in front of you. Once you leave that lot it is hard to get back in for service in a timely manor.
When I did my PDI it was a month later before things were fixed and I could pick up my rig. I found a whole hosts of issues that needed attention. (1 1/2 pages) Even a disconnected shock and some lights not working. So it was a month after my initial PDI I sat down in front of the lady with the basket full of papers and the yard long sales contract. I have never seen a sales contract as long as LaMesa has.
A PDI check list like DocFather refers you to is very important for you to followup on.

DocFather

When I did my PDI on this Cyclone in July, 2013, as promised, the dealer had it videotaped and put on a pretty DVD for my future referencing. Guess what, the gal with the tablet had it turned 90°s, so I watched it laying on the floor. LOL - AND, I got a chance to see how much the young boy doing the "teaching" really did NOT know! Especially the use of the Level-up system, use of the thermostats, making sure I had hot water (by-pass valve) and playing the guessing game as to which of the 4 valve handles emptied which of the 4 tanks. But he did sell me vent covers and slider awnings! HA! HA! (dumb me) But I love my rig!