Wanting to up-grade

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
For us the Key Largo has been the perfect floorplan! Great kitchen counter and storage space. Nice size shower and linen storage in bathroom. Lots of space and storage in bedroom...even with laundry in there. Very ample basement storage too.

We have not found anything lacking in this floorplan like we did in our previous Heartland and other units!

wolfrat1

good morning. I'm looking at a 2014 key largo. is there more interior room in the san Antonio or the key largo? I'm trying to figure out the packages but none of the websites give a good description. it has the slide out, yeti and full timers packages. also would getting an external generator be less expensive (sounded better than cheaper) than having one installed? we just want to go to the dealer well armed with information.

thanks for any input.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I cannot say which has more space but the floorplans are very different...our previous Bighorn had the peninsula kitchen like the San Antonio, and that's what got on our nerves....not enough counter space and always felt "trapped" in the kitchen.

As for the generator, an external one would be cheaper for sure, but very glad we ordered the factory installed...the convenience of pushing a button and not having to store and lug the generator around is priceless!

wolfrat1

hello again. first and foremost, happy thanksgiving to everyone. i was looking at the pictures on 2014 key largo. is it me or is the closet space in the bedroom been seriously deleted because of the vacuum? seem like a lot of wasted usable space. the added options on the one we're looking at makes up for that somewhat, but i think it could have been a better design. i will know tomorrow when we go to look at it.

jbeletti

hello again. first and foremost, happy thanksgiving to everyone. i was looking at the pictures on 2014 key largo. is it me or is the closet space in the bedroom been seriously deleted because of the vacuum? seem like a lot of wasted usable space. the added options on the one we're looking at makes up for that somewhat, but i think it could have been a better design. i will know tomorrow when we go to look at it.

You may want to consider relocating the vacuum or having it shipped loose/uninstalled.

wolfrat1

hello jim. the one we're looking at is already on the lot and has some real good price incentives to buy. we're going to make the drive to view in person. think it may be to good of a deal to pass up. i think we have more room in our 12 bighorn closet. we want to upgrade though. thank you for your suggestion just in case we don't get this one.

jbeletti

hello jim. the one we're looking at is already on the lot and has some real good price incentives to buy. we're going to make the drive to view in person. think it may be to good of a deal to pass up. i think we have more room in our 12 bighorn closet. we want to upgrade though. thank you for your suggestion just in case we don't get this one.

Sounds good. Another idea is to remodel the closet to your liking.

bpe

I cannot say which has more space but the floorplans are very different...our previous Bighorn had the peninsula kitchen like the San Antonio, and that's what got on our nerves....not enough counter space and always felt "trapped" in the kitchen.

As for the generator, an external one would be cheaper for sure, but very glad we ordered the factory installed...the convenience of pushing a button and not having to store and lug the generator around is priceless!

I despise the peninsula. DV and I decided we would never own another one with this.

wolfrat1

Well we did it. We sign the papers Thursday for our Key Largo. With exception of a generator and washer and dryer, it has everything we need. Figure we can find the two down the road on sale. Gee, I think going to have to force myself to have fun and finally retire.

Last edited: