wardrobe Slide out leaking

I have a new heartland 31QBSS with the wardrobe slide out in rear. There seams to be a leak in the slide as the carpet in the bottom gets saturated during a hard rain weather slide is in or out. No visible leak area, anyone else have issue like this.
Merry Christmas

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Has the trailer been stationary, or have you been towing it in the rain?
Sometimes water will splash up from the bottom when rigs are being pulled on wet roads.
Take a look down below to see if there are any visable gaps at the bottom of the slide. ie; slide seals etc.
Just a hunch, maybe it is bouncing up from the bottom. Trace

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I moved this thread to the North Trail section where it might get more input from other NT owners.
Since your wardrobe slide has no window we can rule out a window leak.
Have you checked the caulking at the lower edge of the slide, three sides?
Have you looked at the top of the slide for any area that might allow water to come in.
If it leaks when the slide is in or out, I would suspect caulking at the lower edge.
Let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

Thanks for the replies, it is stationary an it does leak both slide is in or out. I could not find any visible separation or cracks in seals or edges. We will see what camping world says. Thanks again

My 28BRS leaked too from new. I had to reseal all the caulked edges and underneith as well. I also took out all the screws and replaced them with stainless ones and put sealant in each hole. no leaks since. Ive seen others at the dealers with the same area leaking.

EandJ

This is interesting. What did Camping World say? How did they fix it?

We picked up out new 2012 31QBSS on Friday. Friday night, lifted the back bunk room cushion things to make beds and the one in the corner was wet on the bottom as was the carpet underneath. (It hadn't been when we looked at the trailer a couple weeks prior - missed it during the PDI). So the next morning, when we could see more, we poked around and found out that behind the trim board on the bottom of the slide-out is a piece of 2" wood. If you laid on your back and looked up at it, you could see water stain. And it was damp. So we texted our salesman (in the middle of Fairfield State Park - had no cell service) and he arranged for someone to open the gates on Sunday at noon to drop off the trailer. Then Saturday night, it POURED and the next morning, it was a lot wetter in the back corner - so our wardrobe slide is definately leaking also.

I am really interested in how they propose to fix this. We bought a new trailer because we had been burned with a used trailer with hidden water damage/rot. Now this. So - I really want to make sure this is fixed correctly immediately - to avoid any delamination problems or damage to the flooring, etc.

EandJ

Just got off the phone with the service department at the dealership.

They said the seals on the wardrobe slideout did not have any caulk at all on them where they fastened to the side of the trailer. So they ran a bead of silicone on them and then water tested them. Said the problem is fixed.

Glad to find out it's something definitive as missing caulking. Does this sound plausible? Would the water have gotten into the walls while on the lot before we bought the trailer and caused damage that will pop out later? Just want to make sure I ask all questions/cover all bases while its still at the dealership under warranty.

I went over all the caulking on mine when we got it home. The top rear edge of the roof corner was wide open. I could see the inside of the wall and the plywood backing. it had been open for about 2-3 weeks from factory to our home. its been 2 years and there has been no signs of long term damage.