Warranty work...then my cyclone gets hit

cdensomnia

Well I am just beyond frustrated at this point...After saving up a few issues for the off-season on my cyclone 4200 including a new side patio and LED awning lights I took it to the dealer in January and needless to say 2.5 months later it's still not done.

Got the worst call I could get on it...someone hit it with a golf cart!!! How do you not see a 45ft fifth wheel that stands almost 14ft tall? Ugh now they are telling me there is no way to know when the new parts to fix the damage will come in from heartland. This just keeps going on and on...who knows when I will actually get my trailer back and if it will be in better or worse shape than it was before I took it in.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

SilverRhino

Wow ...... Sorry to hear about your bad luck! Hopefully it gets fixed quickly and properly so you can take it out and enjoy it.

kowAlski631

First of all, yikes!! Secondly, call Heartland and find out when parts were ordered and what was requested. If it was our rig, I'd take a ride to the dealer to look at and take pictures of the damage. I'd make sure that I had the details of damages written out. Sure you've already thought of all of this, but just my 2¢ worth.

Good luck, Martha

cdensomnia

Yeah. You are exactly right! I have pictures. At the end of the day it's not terrible but why do these dealers have to be so difficult to work with.

BLHFUN

Yeah. You are exactly right! I have pictures. At the end of the day it's not terrible but why do these dealers have to be so difficult to work with.

Sorry bud. Call heartland and ask for Scott in Service. He will need your VIN. He helped my dealer with their inability to tell the truth and we ended up just moving service centers. Scott had it corrected in 48 hours or less with the new service group.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm generalizing here, but most of them are Dealers first....service is secondary.

You got that right!

We saved up all of our warranty issues through the whole camping season of 2015 and dropped it off on October 30, 2015 to get the warranty issues fixed . . . three weeks they promised.

10 weeks later I finally picked it up, only to find that only a couple of the issues were fixed, found several new problems that didn't exist before, and one problem I couldn't check out until we were actually in a campground (which we did in Arizona at the Tucson Rodeo Rally last month).

And that issue wasn't fixed, either.

I went through and finished a few of the repairs myself . . .

When we got home from our trip, I waited a couple of days to cool off before I called them up and told them that they took 10 weeks to basically screw up all of the warranty repairs and that I was going to call Heartland and ask them to authorize another repair center to redo all of the repairs that they had paid them to do, and that I doubted that I would ever bring my trailer to them in the future for any warranty or paid repairs.

He asked me to bring it up the next day so they could look it over . . . and I said no.

So last Thursday they sent their mobile tech to my house to look over the issues . . . and he shook his head in amazement at what they did that they called "repairs"!

He spent the whole day here and fixed many of the smaller issues, but had to order some parts for the rest.

Plus, he basically had to rip open the front of the entertainment center to get the stereo out that was supposed to be replaced the first time, but they just put the old one back in, and screwed it in so that it wouldn't come out!

The stereo was completely destroyed (ie.- in three pieces) when he finally got it out of the entertainment center!

So that is another completely new issue to add to the pile!

Anyway, our previous dealership's service department was also ran by a bunch of screw ups . . .

I wish there was some way to make them accountable to the RV manufactures that they represent so that they had some incentive to provide good service AFTER they make the sale . . .

OEFVET

At least they called you and told you what happened instead of playing dumb when you arrived to pick it up. That has occurred many times! Good Luck!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have said it before and will say it again...call Heartland Customer Service to follow-up as to what and when part(s) were ordered by the dealer. Important to keep after the dealer. Remember 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease'.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just thought you might like to see the entertainment center after the stereo finally came out:

ProwlerEntCenter-IMAG0231.jpg

Not the best photo . . . took it with my HTC One M9 cell phone.

RottsNScotts

Must be a jinx on Cyclones. I took mine into the dealer with my fix-it list, on warranty, and, as they were moving it, the forklift driver got the forklift deeply stuck in the mud in their usual turn around then, while transferring it to another forklift, they managed to severely bend the driver's side leveler jack! They looked at it, said it was structurally sound and sent me on my way, promising to completely fix it when the rig goes back in after the warranty work is approved and parts arrive.

I was originally planning to come back to Cheney and stay in the cabins at my membership park but sounds like it might be more productive to be there every day!

Rollin_Free

Darn that looks, dare I say, amaturish

Makes it hard to think about dropping off the rig anywhere but home. I have it in storage right now and plan to get it out by the end of April. Lots of trailers leaving now so just holding my breath till then.

I want to have the local dealer check the slide for proper operation but....this talk really is a concern. Maybe I'll just sleep in it till they're done!!

Last edited: