Warranty work...then my cyclone gets hit

silvasp

Well I am just beyond frustrated at this point...After saving up a few issues for the off-season on my cyclone 4200 including a new side patio and LED awning lights I took it to the dealer in January and needless to say 2.5 months later it's still not done.

Got the worst call I could get on it...someone hit it with a golf cart!!! How do you not see a 45ft fifth wheel that stands almost 14ft tall? Ugh now they are telling me there is no way to know when the new parts to fix the damage will come in from heartland. This just keeps going on and on...who knows when I will actually get my trailer back and if it will be in better or worse shape than it was before I took it in.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I know that after more than a year, you have (hopefully) gotten your trailer back, but if it were me, I would demand they make the work on it a priority due to their damage.

cdensomnia

I got the trailer back this last week. I am a tad bothered by the poor decal job they did on the replacement patio. I am not sure whether to contact heartland or not on it. At this point I am not sure if I have much recourse. I also don't want another 3 month long episode of getting the decals fixed. I could have applied the decals better!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The poor job on the decals is your dealers problem. HL would not get involved as they have no control over a dealers shoddy work.

mlpeloquin

You can always call Heartland parts with your VIN number. Take and a picture. I have an early 2014 with 2013 decals and there were two patterns. I replaced a few on my Big Horn. They did not cost as much as I thought. If it is within what you want to spend order them. Two people, soapy water, and a plastic squeegee. Go slow with the squeegee from the center out and in no time they will be on. They come off with heat. Just enough and they pull off easy. Too much and it is Goof Off or WD40 time.

Tree14

I know that after more than a year, you have (hopefully) gotten your trailer back, but if it were me, I would demand they make the work on it a priority due to their damage.
Is it camping world? They are the WORST !

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

wdk450

Well I am just beyond frustrated at this point...After saving up a few issues for the off-season on my cyclone 4200 including a new side patio and LED awning lights I took it to the dealer in January and needless to say 2.5 months later it's still not done.

Got the worst call I could get on it...someone hit it with a golf cart!!! How do you not see a 45ft fifth wheel that stands almost 14ft tall? Ugh now they are telling me there is no way to know when the new parts to fix the damage will come in from heartland. This just keeps going on and on...who knows when I will actually get my trailer back and if it will be in better or worse shape than it was before I took it in.

I think that the magic word in your post was "Dealer". Your best friend when you are buying, your worst aggravation when you need service. Think about using an INDEPENDENT RV SERVICER (No vehicle sales) for all future service work. You can get your warranty work done by anyone you choose with a prior phone authorization from Heartland. The independent RV servicer small businessman lives or dies on the quality and speed of his repairs - the dealer lives or dies on RV sales; service is just an afterthought the dealer must have to satisfy the RV manufacturers to be able to SELL their products.

RVServiceReviews.com is a good resource from RVers about RV servicers.