Washington, DC Campground Recommendations

Jim_Hull

Can anyone give me a recommendation of a good campground within an hour or so of DC? We are pulling a Big Country 4010RD and will want full hookups. Looking for the first part of June.

Bones

• Cherry Hill Park 9800 Cherry Hill Road College Park, MD 20740
I haven't stayed there yet but it is just outside DC There is a rally there this June

Jim_Hull

I had seen Cherry Hill on line and it looked good. How is access to it and around it with a 43 foot unit?

f250dieseldad

We have been to Cherry Hill Park many times. No problem getting in or out. They were very helpful with planning our tour of DC.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I had seen Cherry Hill on line and it looked good. How is access to it and around it with a 43 foot unit?

It should be good. We are having our MD Rally there in June. There will be a bunch of 40'-44' rigs there.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jim_Hull, you can kill two birds with one stone. Attend the rally and see DC.
Like others, we have stayed at Cherry Hill and would recommend it.

Peace
Dave

Jim_Hull

I would love to attend the rally, and had hoped that would work out. However, my wife and I still work and she has a conference during that time that she must attend. So, it looks like we will be in and out of the area before the rally. Thanks to everyone for the invitation though.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I stayed at Cherry Hill and it is a nice park. However, I wouldn't stay in one of the pull thru's up front. They are very close together. My awning was almost touching the neighboring trailer... The back in's were larger and further apart. Believe them when they say don't leave your trailer for the day with your awning out. They get quick storms and I lost my awning.

9800 Cherry Hill Rd
College Park MD 20740-1210

BC