Water Filling Fresh Water Tank

I have a 2014 Heartland Mallard travel trailer and the fresh water is filling from the city water. I have already read many ways to fix this. My problem is I can't find the water pump...where is it and how do I get to it?

danemayer

Hi RandyXavier,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Can you tell us which Mallard model/floor plan you have. Hopefully another owner will see the post and provide an answer.

If you don't hear from anyone, on Monday, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

padre44

If y you have an Anderson valve to switch between city, tank, etc. one or more of the O rings has probably come off. I had that in my 2016 BigHorn. Got a kit from Heartland and fixed it. I've read that you shouldn't switch between modes with the water pressure on as that might make the rings come off.

yport

Had the identical problem with my 2014 Big Horn. After replacing the Anderson valve thinking that was the problem (Heartland sent me a free one) ... the culprit was the check valve in the water pump. Rather than but a new water pump, the quick cheap fix was to but an inline check valve at Home Depot (or order online) for $9 and POOF ... problem fixed.

danemayer

I have a 2014 Heartland Mallard travel trailer and the fresh water is filling from the city water. I have already read many ways to fix this. My problem is I can't find the water pump...where is it and how do I get to it?
Randy,

In my earlier post I assumed you had read everything. But we actually have a user guide on the Fresh Tank Filling By Itself, with specific instructions on how to diagnose and fix the problem. The only thing it doesn't help with is the location of the water pump on your Mallard. If you haven't read it yet, here's a link to the folder.

donr827

Try calling HL customer service. They should be able to tell you, also have your campers Serial number available.
Don