Water filter mod.

Cyberdave

I'm getting old and forgetful and got tired of going "oops let's not forget the regulator again". Also, putting the filters in the milk basket every time we stop more than a night can get to be a PITA.

So, I decided to mount my filters and regulator to make life easier... Along the way I figured, heck I might as well take of the flush part also.

100_2366.JPG100_2368.JPG

I mounted the filters next to the bay and then plumbed it with brass... PVC would be much cheaper for sure. I put a tee in before the regulator and fed a line and valve directly to the flush hook up. I added a drain and a short hose I'll run out so I don't get my feet wet. That way, there is no pressure against the vacuum breaker and as a side benefit, after I turn the water off, I can drain out the plumbing there.

I need to find a new 90 deg inlet to make the hose go straight up.

danemayer

Hi Cyberdave,

2 things I'd suggest: 1) if you haven't already, add a check valve on the black tank flush. Even though there's a vacuum breaker inside, you really want to be cautious so you don't contaminate your drinking water. 2) Inspect the canisters periodically. Plastic canisters under water pressure, located inside the rig, will make for an ugly surprise if the plastic cracks.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
As suggested my Danemayer I'd add a double check valve on the Black Tank inlet. (for health reasons) This DoubleCheck must be installed horizontal.

Attachments

• doublebackflow.jpg
    doublebackflow.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Wilkins-950-XL-rw-100125-164495.jpg
    Wilkins-950-XL-rw-100125-164495.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 42