Water Filters

ChangingPlaces

Hi

We are about to pick up our unit which has arrived from the US to NZ in the next month.
We have been told that many units have built in water filters.

Does the 2950RK have a built in water filter and if so, to what level of microns?

We have purchased a small filter to filter the water from source that has .6 microns,
but wanted to know if the unit came with a filter as well?

Does having water filtered slow the pressure of the shower, as we have heard this also?
Bit new at this so we are sure there are many questions to come!

Thanks
Amanda & Paul

jimtoo

Hi Amanda & Paul,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

None of the Heartland units come with a built in water filter. Although a lot of folks do install filters in many different ways. I have a small house type filter and do not notice any shower problems.

When you go for you pickup, be sure and do a really good PDI. Make sure you check operation of everything and you know how to operate everything.

I am moving the thread to an open area of the forum so others may give their opinion also.

Enjoy the forum and your new Big Country.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When selecting filters, look at the gallons per minute (gpm), or maybe for you, the liters per minute (lpm) ratings. I use a double filter system with a 1 micron sediment filter and a 0.5 micron carbon filter. Both are rated to pass 3 - 4 gallons per minute. That's about the highest I've seen in that style of filter. The water system at the campground we stay at delivers 42 - 44 psig,according to my regulator, and the flow at the tap and shower is very adequate.

B

bwwalczak

Heartland was ready to reply, but it looks like some folks beat us. The information above is all correct, Heartland does not install water filters from the factory.

If you are purchasing from New Zealand, it is probably from Nick Eagle (Wainui). Nick and his wife just visted the factory in the last few weeks here in Indiana, USA. Very nice folks and a great dealer.

Congradulations on your new Big Country.

ChangingPlaces

Re Water Filters
Hi
Many thanks for your comments. We have decided not to fit a filter inside the rig, we are going to fit a inline filter on our hose as we are filling up. Filter is a Mountain Fresh with a 0.6 micron filter. We will give this a go and see how it goes. Next month is our first trip, can't wait.
Cheers Amanda and Paul
NZ