Water filtration

Warrstang331

North Carolina Chapter Leaders
Just purchased and installed this water filter to my unit. Checked all connections opened water line and water pressure inside the RV starts out great and then line pressure drops rapidly with low water pressure. Turned it off and builds back up and drops off rapidly.
Disconnected filter and ran water directly to RV. No issues! Installed the filter again and same problem. Took apart the filter assy to make sure there was no line blockages in between. Any info on what the problem come would be greatly appreciated.
2f0e1436e10fd9ceafa06eba49381fcb.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using a pressure regulator?
I know that some of the brass or plastic non adjustable regulators will do exactly what you are describing.
It could be that the addition of the filter will further reduce pressure and further reduce the flow.

Peace
Dave

Warrstang331

Are you using a pressure regulator?
I know that some of the brass or plastic non adjustable regulators will do exactly what you are describing.
It could be that the addition of the filter will further reduce pressure and further reduce the flow.

Peace
Dave

I tested it both with and without the pressure regulator that I have.

Kathi-27

the filter you have is restricted due to being multi type cartridge. sediment and carbon in one filter cartridge. I use dual canister from rv water store that have cartridges separated and have no flow restriction. flows 3-4 gpm..

Warrstang331

the filter you have is restricted due to being multi type cartridge. sediment and carbon in one filter cartridge. I use dual canister from rv water store that have cartridges separated and have no flow restriction. flows 3-4 gpm..

Then I may have to look into other cartridge that will not be as restrictive

Oregon_Camper

Unfortunately, I think you're just experiencing the impact of low cost filter. It can't allow water to flow through quick enough, while maintaining the filter function.

While at bit on the higher end of price, this filtration unit from ClearSource provides excellent water pressure & .05 micron filtration. The Camco filter only does 5 micron filtration, so stuff like giardia cysts will still pass through

Here is the video I did for the ClearSource Filter

https://youtu.be/LXEmvQAJ0l0

Kathi-27

Then I may have to look into other cartridge that will not be as restrictive

then you are defeating the purpose of filtering the water correctly like you want to. go to rv water filter store they have a lot of good info

Warrstang331

Unfortunately, I think you're just experiencing the impact of low cost filter. It can't allow water to flow through quick enough, while maintaining the filter function.

While at bit on the higher end of price, this filtration unit from ClearSource provides excellent water pressure & .05 micron filtration. The Camco filter only does 5 micron filtration, so stuff like giardia cysts will still pass through

Here is the video I did for the ClearSource Filter

https://youtu.be/LXEmvQAJ0l0

Just checked out the video. So I will be looking into that setup. As they say. U get what u pay for. lol . Lesson learned. Bottom line up front do the homework first. Guess I got lazy this time around.

Kbvols

I bought the Clear Source after watching Oregon Campers video and doing some research. While expensive in my opinion definitely worth the money. The thing is built like a tank delivers great tasting water.

We were at a campground where the water from the spigot was brownish in color after filtering water was clear and tasted good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Warrstang331

Well pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered the clear source water filtration system yesterday. Now I will be looking at permanently mounting it down in the basement.