Water heater and off air booster amp

Rcnewell11

I was wondering about 2 things on my 2015 ashland I have questions about? I am wondering if there is pit cock on water heater to drain water if needed or just a brass plug.I also wonder if there is a signal strength meter on amp for off air antenna to adjust direction on best tv signal or it is it a on off button only to turn amp on off .thanks rob

danemayer

Hi Rob,

No to both. If you have a Suburban Water Heater, the drain plug is also an anode rod. On the Atwood Water Heater it's just a plug.

The signal booster doesn't have a meter, but many of us have upgraded the batwing antenna to a Jack Antenna. One model of the Jack comes with a signal strength meter.

MCTalley

Our TV (I believe it is a Toshiba) has a signal meter function built into the menu system. I will tune in a station, pull up the signal meter on the TV and have my wife tell me the signal level while I rotate our antenna. Makes it a two-person chore, but works fairly well.

Rcnewell11

Thanks I will try one of two or maybe both and water heater how do u drain if needed if u don't have pit cock availability in water heater maybe pull anode bar out to drain .