Water in the underbelly

lwmcguir

My fittings seemed good at first. After about fifteen minutes or so they black tank flush leaked where the hose was crimped on the fitting. Checking the fittings on the UDC is a great idea, but there are many other places a leak can come from under the coach with its many plumbing connections.

I disagree about the mold forming satement. My wife and I looked at alot of used coaches before we bought a new one. Many of them smelled like mold. The in floor metal heating ducts were also rusty looking. So if you have trapped water in the belly, without alot of air circulating to dry it up...you will get mold. I think putting a series of small holes in the coroplast where it makes sense, is a good idea to monitor the underside for any leaks.
Absolutely correct. If you have water you can have mold. If you don't have mold just wait you will get it if the area stays wet.

JeffG1947

Leaving last campground I noticed what must have been a couple gallons of water on the road behind me and found clear water dripping from around a drain pipe. The dealer confirmed water in the underbelly. After 4 hours (happily under warranty) they believe water was dripping from the city water line connection in the UDC. One of the weep holes in UDC dripped onto the frame. From there the water found an opening in the coroplast next to the drain pipe and went into the underbelly. They sealed the offending one (of four) weep holes, added expanding foam around the opening in the coroplast by the drain pipe and said the problem was fixed. I never saw any water leaking from the external UDC connections so I wonder if that's really the problem. At least now I have a record of the problem. I also had to seal the three+ large openings at the edges of the coroplast with gorilla tape since it wasn't reinstalled as well as the factory did originally. Now based on what I've read in this chain I'm going to drill a couple of 1/4" weep holes in the coroplast. I drove home from the dealer in a storm and could easily have picked up water from the new openings they left.

danemayer

From the UDC to the frame and then past the coroplast into the underbelly? I'm also skeptical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just check that it is road water getting into the underbelly. I found that our rear grey tank (kitchen), when full, leaked into the underbelly. I drilled a hole in the coroplast to let the water out as an interim solution until I can find the time (after fixing the miriad of other engineering issues) to drop the coroplast to find the source of the leak.

We've just found this today as well, did you ever get it resolved?

zigzag3337

We have a 2011 Elkridge QSR 40 that has leaked water into the underbelly since day 1. Our unit was brought to the site on a clear, sunny day from the dealership and not moved until the dealer picked it up last Nov. to work on fixing the plumbing and fix the water damage to the basement. The dealer took months to attempt the fix and we just found plumbing leaks again our first time in the trailer. I understand the manufacturer using the thinner-walled PEX and cheaper fittings. That is industry standard. I just wish they put them together properly. Our first season with the new trailer (2011) was a disaster. The multiple plumbing leaks behind blind panels caused the underbelly to fill with water until part of it blew out. The basement needed to be reconstructed and there was much trouble finding a Heartland certified contractor to make it right. 34 manufacturing defects and still we have plumbing leaks. This on a trailer that so far only gets towed back and forth to the dealer.

We had a leak behind the shower and caused this same issue. It took the dealer a few hours to locate the problem and it's been dry ever since. I found the issue when I pulled off the campsite onto the road after spending the week of Thanksgiving in it and everyone taking showers in it that week. Water just poured out from under the camper.