Water issues in BC

Happy New Year!

After getting setup at the RV park yesterday to setup for our New Years festivities, I started to have some issues with the getting water in the kitchen and bathroom through a city water connection.

Scenario:

We used our FW at our our friends place the last couple days pulling water from the fresh water tank with no issues, but the overnight temps dipped into the high 20's in the napa valley, but still no issues as we ran the furnace overnight. Yesterday, we headed to a great park on the Russian River in NorCal to enjoy NYE festivities with a group of friends when the issues started. The temps when we arrived were in the high 40's/low50's with temps dipping into the low 30's overnight.

Here is what I did so far:

1. I hooked up the city water to the FW
2. Turned the water on and made sure pressure was at 45psi going into the FW
3. no water going into the coach
4. I had some existing water in the water tank, so I flipped the switch for the pump
5. water came out from pump until what little water (2-3 gallons) were used quickly for dishes/bathroom.
6. went to switch to fill tank with fresh water>turned on hose to fill and filled for 5 minutes (currently having issues with tank monitors in FW)
7. Turned pump back on and not getting water in kitchen and bathroom.
8. Removed hose from coach to check water flow from faucet and seems water flow is decent.
9.Checked connection on FW and there was no immediate blockage, but did notice that the ball in water connection had to be pushed in to release it...as if there was some type of vapor lock.
10. I had a friendly fellow Heartland (Landmark) owner come over to assist and he couldn't come up with anything.

I have read some threads that have some crossover to this issue, so I will look at some typical cold weather issues for now. Hope to get her fixed before the family awakes and expects nice warm showers :)

Happy New Year!

J

MTPockets

Yes, could be frozen. Fill your water tank, then turn selector back to tank and your pump will work properly; it will take maybe 20 minutes or more to fill the tank. Also, tank monitors are rarely reliable, although fresh water monitor should work best of all. After a while you'll just get a feel for when tanks are ready to dump and you'll see water from the overflow when filling.

Thank you danemayer and MTPockets, I filled the tank and flipped it to pump and all was well...seems when I filled the tanks it released the vapor lock by blowing out any frozen H2O.

Happy New Year!