Water Leak, Fresh Water Tank

txav8r

I have developed a leak in my Fresh Water Tank. It is low on the tank because it drains the tank completely. I uncovered one side of under cover and could see no leaks. However the water was coming out between the bottom cover and the insulating layer. Connections to the drain are OK. I could not see the input to the tank. Where is it located (right side, left side, middle)? Anybody have any ideas?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Txav8r.
It would help some if we knew what model and floor plan you have.
Do you have a freshwater drain sticking out of the Coroplast?

Peace
Dave

mark_xc

I also have a leak from the rear fresh water tank on a 2012 cyclone 3010. I dropped the side of the undercover so i could see all of the conections. It appears that the factory installed screws under the coners of the tank and one of them has worn a hole in the tank. This might be the same problem that you have txav8r.
Since my camper is out of warranty, now what?

jimtoo

Hi mark_xc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. Looks like you have been around for a while, hope you have seen what a great forum this is.

I know there is a glue or patch kit that can be used on the tanks, even when wet. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with an answer for you.

Jim M

danemayer

I also have a leak from the rear fresh water tank on a 2012 cyclone 3010. I dropped the side of the undercover so i could see all of the conections. It appears that the factory installed screws under the coners of the tank and one of them has worn a hole in the tank. This might be the same problem that you have txav8r.
Since my camper is out of warranty, now what?

I repaired some holes in my Gray #1 tank using Water Weld Epoxy that I picked up at Home Depot. It's modeling clay-like consistency. You cut off a piece, knead it for a few seconds, and force it into the holes and surrounding area. If your leak is tiny, you might need to enlarge it a bit (1/8 - 1/4" maybe) so the epoxy has something to grab hold of.