Water leak, no watering coach

NYSUPstater

So this is a brand new prob I've never dealt w/ before. Set up shop this past Fri night, hooked everything up and all weekend long no problem w/ anything water related. Today/this morning, breaking things down to leave, hook up sewer flusher hose and this is where things went bonkers.

1. DS came out to tell me that water was leaking across hallway floor from bathroom towards closet. Only water fixture there was the shower lines coming up from basement and yet no one took a shower.
2. Just prior to #1, I had attached and turned on the sewer flusher hose, but really didn't hear water running thru it.
3. DW says she didn't have any water at all at kitchen sink.
4. Tried removing the pressure reducer to see if that would make a diff. Nope.
5. Parks water pressure seemed to be ok all w/e, yet not so hot during this time and didn't seem out of the norm (not 100% full, yet quite a few open sites at same time).
6. Once home, removed the cover inside shower wall below handles and didn't see anything too put of place except what looked like to me some odd emittance valve, but no traces of water on wall.
7. Needed to grease the sump, so while underneath the coach, I pushed up the coral-last as it seems saggy in a few places and a little water came out towards driver's side between tires and that was it. Still many saggy spots remain.

So I pose these things to you all to see what y'all think.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Well I’d say the line or admittance valve in the line for the black tank flush failed but I don’t get why the DW said she had no running water.
Without exploring behind the basement wall it’s anyone’s guess

NYSUPstater

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

As for the possibility of a ruptured water line, the basement area was still dry which puzzled me. If a water line broke, would that explain why the DW didn't have water at kitchen sink? I thought the flusher line was attached directly to the black tank (thru a back flush valve) . Personally I dislike the coraplast used under the coach and would rather see the plastic panels as used on other brands......but that another story. Would make it a whole lot easier to gain access to things underneath IMO.

Where do I begin to look for anything out of the ordinary? Or take it to a dealer whose labor rate is $160/hr?

Will be unable to work on the coach to see what's going on for a couple weeks.

rhodies1

As we all know there is not great pressure to the kitchen sink at anytime. If the admittance valve failed then it’s certainly possible that the flow at the valve if it failed.. would not allow much water to the kitchen sink if any. Your issue certainly sounds like it has to do with the black tank flusher because all was good until you hooked up and started using the flush.
I never trusted this set up and have stopped using my black tank flusher. I have purchased the Valterra black tank flusher which hooks up to your dump . I back flush my tank in this fashion. It is far far more efficient than the one built into the trailer. It’s amazing how clean you get get your tank with this type of flush. When I’m finished my black tank monitor shows green.

travelin2

As we all know there is not great pressure to the kitchen sink at anytime. If the admittance valve failed then it’s certainly possible that the flow at the valve if it failed.. would not allow much water to the kitchen sink if any. Your issue certainly sounds like it has to do with the black tank flusher because all was good until you hooked up and started using the flush.
I never trusted this set up and have stopped using my black tank flusher. I have purchased the Valterra black tank flusher which hooks up to your dump . I back flush my tank in this fashion. It is far far more efficient than the one built into the trailer. It’s amazing how clean you get get your tank with this type of flush. When I’m finished my black tank monitor shows green.
On a side note…I back flush the black tank using the grey water. It is interesting how much more this cleans the black tank then using just the installed back flush connection

travelin2

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

As for the possibility of a ruptured water line, the basement area was still dry which puzzled me. If a water line broke, would that explain why the DW didn't have water at kitchen sink? I thought the flusher line was attached directly to the black tank (thru a back flush valve) . Personally I dislike the coraplast used under the coach and would rather see the plastic panels as used on other brands......but that another story. Would make it a whole lot easier to gain access to things underneath IMO.

Where do I begin to look for anything out of the ordinary? Or take it to a dealer whose labor rate is $160/hr?

Will be unable to work on the coach to see what's going on for a couple weeks.
Instead of removing the coroplast underneath I’d remove the basement wall. In our BH I can observe the tank flush line and all of the fittings behind the UDC by doing so.
If you witnessed water running out from underneath after hooking up the flush you must certainly have a leaking fitting